SeaSonic X750 750W 80 Plus Gold Full Modular Power Supply $90 AR + F/S

IMHO, this unit isn't worth it with the Rosewill Fortress 750 out in the market that comes around $100 after the rebates, which is more efficient, better built and better regulating.

Whooooaaaaa. Hold up. I've been out to the PSU loop for a while. But Rosewill besting Seasonic? Seriously?

Well, except the Rosewill is 25 dollars more, and not modular. So this is still a great deal.

Well, except the Rosewill is 25 dollars more, and not modular. So this is still a great deal.

Sort of. You can still do better though. If I went through the entire Egg catologue, I'm sure I could come up with a better deal than this.

If you need a power supply and can only really afford $90.00, then this is a good deal. I never said it was the best unit out there, but had some of the best quality on the market, and that statement is not incorrect. Hell, I bet if you wait five years, you can get a screaming deal on that Rosewill, but this deal costs less and is today.

You don't need to wait 5 years for a Rosewill deal.

Rosewill deals come up more than any other companies` deals because Rosewill is NewEgg's in-house brand.

The Fortress was $80 or something a while ago.

But yes, I agree that the X750 is a well built unit with an EMI filter, a full modern Low-Load Calibration and such however, it doesn't change the fact that there's "more PSU for the money". It's an older 2009 unit. The new Platinum designs are mostly better.

Regardless of what any one website says about a Rosewill, I would not hestitate for a second to pick a 80 Plus Gold certified Seasonic over a Rosewill if the prices were similar.

Not saying the Rosewill is not a good performer, but Seasonic quality is pretty much a given.

Regardless of what any one website says about a Rosewill, I would not hestitate for a second to pick a 80 Plus Gold certified Seasonic over a Rosewill if the prices were similar.

Not saying the Rosewill is not a good performer, but Seasonic quality is pretty much a given.

Yes, and that one website happens to be JonnyGuru.com.

Rosewill doesn't make anything themselves. Rosewill = NewEgg. They get units from OEM's and slap their badge on them.

Like wise, the Capstone's are SuperFlower made and the Fortress are ATNG made, who used to make server units in past.

On the retail end, SeaSonic and FSP are currently the two companies that design and sell their units themselves. Pretty much everyone else just rebadge.

Yes, I am familiar with Rosewill.

Still have not made your point on how this is a better deal than the Seasonic. I look at the JohnnyGuru site frequently, as well as Anandtech, Guru3D, HardwareHeaven, Xbitlabs, HardOCP, TechSpot, etc, etc,

Let's get back to the actual point of this thread.

Thanks for sharing the info OP! 90.00 for that PSU is a very good deal.

Yes, and that one website happens to be JonnyGuru.com.

Rosewill doesn't make anything themselves. Rosewill = NewEgg. They get units from OEM's and slap their badge on them.

Like wise, the Capstone's are SuperFlower made and the Fortress are ATNG made, who used to make server units in past.

On the retail end, SeaSonic and FSP are currently the two companies that design and sell their units themselves. Pretty much everyone else just rebadge.

Look, guy, you've been around here a year, maybe you're trying to prove something? If you want to buy the Rosewill, then buy it. So it's a little bit better than what I posted, consider the whole world informed and quit threadcrapping.

Yes, I am familiar with Rosewill.

Still have not made your point on how this is a better deal than the Seasonic. I look at the JohnnyGuru site frequently, as well as Anandtech, Guru3D, HardwareHeaven, Xbitlabs, HardOCP, TechSpot, etc, etc,

Let's get back to the actual point of this thread.

Thanks for sharing the info OP! 90.00 for that PSU is a very good deal.

I did, in fact. Re-read my first reply.

Look, guy, you've been around here a year, maybe you're trying to prove something? If you want to buy the Rosewill, then buy it. So it's a little bit better than what I posted, consider the whole world informed and quit threadcrapping.

Yes, because my registarion date really shows that I don't know shit.

I have no need for a new PSU given how many units I got laying in here. I thought about replacing some of the older ones but it wasn't worth it so ditched the idea.

I think the OP has a valid point about the threadcrapping. He wanted to share what he found with others, then has somebody come in and basically say "That deal is not that good, this one is better"

If you have a better deal, then post a link and let people decide how good of a deal it is.

Getting back on topic lol. I have one of these I picked up last time they went sub $100 and they are one fantastic unit! :)

$90 for the X750? [H]ot damn, that's a smoking good deal. Can't do better for this price, imo.

No, it seems you go out of your way to crap on seasonic though, kind of like a personal crusade or something...

I'm running my own machine on a Silencer 910 right now which is a top notch SeaSonic built unit and I used to love it to death.

I'll chime in while the deal is still live. It's an incredibly quiet PSU and well built. If its the best deal for the quality and power you are looking for, just jump on it.

It's from FSP itself. You're buying the PSU from the manufactorer directly.

Ah, I see. What about that fan for that particular PSU? Does it get loud at higher temps/loads? How easy is it to find replacement modular cables for that unit?

It has no temp control AFAIK, it always works at full speed so it's somewhat loud.

You may be able to do a fan swap without voiding the warranty though, since it uses a 80mm fan at the back.

Or noise dampen it or something. Or just rip it off and change the fan. It's a lot of PSU for the money.

You can order cables from Shopfsp.com.

1. It has no temp control AFAIK, it always works at full speed so it's somewhat loud.

2. You may be able to do a fan swap without voiding the warranty though, since it uses a 80mm fan at the back. Or noise dampen it or something. Or just rip it off and change the fan. It's a lot of PSU for the money.

3. You can order cables from Shopfsp.com.

1. Ugh, that's a deal breaker for me since I like larger, more efficient, and way more quieter fans in my PSU's...I'm so glad we have left the late 90's era of shitty power supply fan implementation.

2. Also a deal breaker, since there's no worthwhile PSU manufacturer that allows opening the PSU and altering it in any way, shape, or form without voiding the warranty. Including FSP.

3. Impossible since that is a non-modular PSU. ;)

If someone needs a very good non-modular 1000W PSU and fan noise is not a concern, then that deal you posted is about the best out there. Now, comparing that to what the X750 is: fully modular, variable fan speed/fan shuts off at low loads/temps, and still enough to feed an OC'd i7 with a dual SLI or Xfire setup, then I would choose and recommend the X750 (or equivalent AX750) any day ,all day long.

I do realize it's non-modular but you can order cables for it, still. FSP offers excellent service themselves.

Shame that most FSP offerings are cheaply put out botch jobs rather than proper units.

Yes, the X750 may be a better choice but the Kingcraft is built better.

Sort of. You can still do better though. If I went through the entire Egg catologue, I'm sure I could come up with a better deal than this.

Johnny! 'Sup, dawg? Takin a dump on another thread I see. Keep it real, yo.

Why don't you go through the entire Newegg catalog, find a better deal, and get back to us.

johnnydoe said:
Rosewill deals come up more than any other companies` deals because Rosewill is NewEgg's in-house brand.
Oooh lookie, it looks like Newegg bought Amazon.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Oooh lookie, it looks like Newegg bought Amazon.

Rosewill is indeed NewEgg's house brand.

If anything, it would be the other way around. But newegg probably just decided to start selling to Amazon given their market share.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back