Seasonic X-850 (Corsair AX850) $110 AR

Great PSU. As a note, these rebates take FOREVER, I much prefer 4myrebate. I still haven't received mine from the Seasonic X750/Newegg sale at the end of December 2012 (on it's way according to the tracking website).

Would it be bad to use this psu if your total pull is like 450watts?
Any detriment to running significantly lower than the top end?

Would it be bad to use this psu if your total pull is like 450watts?
Any detriment to running significantly lower than the top end?

Nope. Usually at about 50% load is the sweet spot for efficiency in a PSU, which is just what the review showed. At 120v input and 433W they measured it running at 93.38%!

Damn that is a very good point....
anyone clarify cause I was charged but not shipped yet..

This is a good deal. Mine died on day 31 but Kevin from Seasonic processed an RMA at like 11pm had a replacement unit cross-shipped the next day. Looking forward to getting the replacement tomorrow.

are you sure? it says "X-850 (SS-850KM Active PFC F3)" in the details. I dont see any info about "....KM3"

If you zoom in on the Newegg picture of the product, it shows a little "3" superscript on the label (Newegg's Picture), just like in [H]ard's picture.

I'm pretty sure the KM3 has pretty much replaced the the old version - and you'll get the new version no matter where you buy it.

I actually just picked it up from Amazon for the same price ($130, no code required). Doesn't have the rebate, but I have Amazon Prime and wanted to use that instead. I was actually just going to get the X-650, but for practically the same price I figured I might as well go with extra headroom for possible future use.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
If you zoom in on the Newegg picture of the product, it shows a little "3" superscript on the label (Newegg's Picture), just like in [H]ard's picture.

I'm pretty sure the KM3 has pretty much replaced the the old version - and you'll get the new version no matter where you buy it.

I actually just picked it up from Amazon for the same price ($130, no code required). Doesn't have the rebate, but I have Amazon Prime and wanted to use that instead. I was actually just going to get the X-650, but for practically the same price I figured I might as well go with extra headroom for possible future use.

Nice find! Thanks for pointing that out. I will bite now :)

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
are you sure? it says "X-850 (SS-850KM Active PFC F3)" in the details. I dont see any info about "....KM3"

I'm not 100% sure, since mine hasn't shown up yet, but if you look at the pictures it's definitely the new version and the older version doesn't show up anywhere on Newegg (I searched).

The corsair braided don't work.
I've googled and they say the pins are different
which makes no sense to me.....

I'm not 100% sure, since mine hasn't shown up yet, but if you look at the pictures it's definitely the new version and the older version doesn't show up anywhere on Newegg (I searched).

Thanks for posting this.

I bought this PSU a few months ago from Amazon, I was under the impression it was the older model because it didn't state on the page that it was the KM3, I just looked on the box like you said and it is indeed the KM3, it's hard to read.

I just ordered another one from Amazon, on sale, for a NAS I'm building and I assume that will be the KM3 also, I'll update when it arrives today.

I can't speak highly enough about this PSU, 850 is overkill in my main system and also in my NAS, but since it's frequently goes on sale for less than it's lower wattage brothers I figured I might as well just pick up the higher wattage one.

If I could find one single complaint it's that if you mount the fan facing down to take advantage of cases with fan grills under the case you're technically mounting it upside down, the letters and the plugs are upside down.

Alright, the one I ordered from Amazon 2 days ago just came in (yay Prime), and it is indeed the SS-850KM3 (new version) of it. Here is a picture.

I would imagine that no matter where you buy it it'll be the new version.

These are excellent PSUs..I posted a link to them back in Feb when they were on sale for the same price, and I LOVE mine! The Corsair TX750 it replaced was easily 4-5 times louder under a ~450-475W load..My system load when folding on the TX750 was ~474W IIRC, and it is currently hovering in @ 410W with the SeaSonic..

Last edited:
It is the newest version. installed it this morning.
FYI please note that the 24-pin cable requires that you plug in both "pieces" into the PSU. I did not know this and thought it was DOA...

I remember some time back I got the X750 for $100. For an extra $10, the 850 is even better deal. This line of PSUs is really amazing - super efficient and quiet.

Back