Seasonic X-560 Give-Away! 3 PSUs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a lot of PSUs on the market and it's hard finding the one that best fits my needs. I do a small amount of gaming so I need/want a SFX or larger PSU for its stability and power. PSU length and modular cables are important because I like relatively small systems (15-30 liters). Efficiency is always important and I really like silence.

Ultimately it's a very tricky balancing act and out of the PSU's I have looked at the X560 is the best. If I were to look for a small improvement, I would want its length to shrink from 160mm to 140mm.

I made this decision because ultimately stability is the most important aspect of the PSU and the X560 is pretty good at that. Not being loud is my 2nd priority (but absolute silence is lower on the list), Bronze efficiency or better comes 3rd, following that is modular cables, then PSU length of 150mm or less, followed by gold efficiency, and silence from the PSU.

I make sure it has every connector that I could possibly ever need. Quiet, efficient, and with adequate power come in a close second.

Quality and reliability is first and foremost for a PSU. Too much questionable quality junk out there.

I am building a new rig in about a month. I need a PS!

Good quality. I used to many junk units in the past. Make it friendly to install (good cables) and quite.

PSUs must be quiet, at least at idle loads, produce good clean power, be well protected, reliable, and yet still reasonably priced.

Just keep doing what you have been doing and I will continue to purchase.

I look for a lot of things, but being able to deliver on what it promises is a biggie.

How about power connectors that don't hurt like hell when trying to plug/unplug them? You know, things without those crappy sharp plastic edges.

Clean power output, stability, clean power output, ability to handle sudden draw (Video card powerup or disk spinup) without shutting down, CLEAN POWER OUTPUT(!!), low noise, CLEAN POWER OUTPUT(!!!!!), low heat and . . . What was it? Oh, yes, CLEAN!! POWER!! OUTPUT!!!!!

I look for actual rated power output at real working temps and stable power without big dips or sags.

What I look for in a PSU.

1. 80+ certified
2. Active PFC
3. Specifications meet or exceed my needs
4. Good voltage stability
5. reviewed by HardOCP and or Jonny GURU, and gets there seal of approval

Definately reliability, clean power. Cost is secondary if the unit is good.

What i look for...

+80 cert
modular
good reviews from multiple sources
Low price

I had a X650 before and I was parting it. I would love to see a more compacter PSU but with the same quality that these beast provides as long it remains cool.

What's required are some what "goes without saying" these days but I think more affordable would be the key, there are so many lower end PSU - Read "CHEAP" but doesn't provide the quality that a PSU should deliver. I think it would greatly benefit if your entire lineup goes Gold 80+ at least for all price range. I know you can find a way and this will spur competition and in the end everybody wins by saving more in $ and power.

Thanks.

I look for a high rated PSU with great stability and low noise output. I've been buying mostly Corsair power supplies the last few years, but I believe the models I have are actually made by Seasonic. In any event, I'd love to try one of these units, especially for free... :D

I want my PSU to be built to last and perform. Price it fairly, and you have a winner.

Reliability due to quality parts and workmanship.

I look for a high quality, well reviewed unit by the [H]ard and other owners.

I love Seasonic PSU's, super high quality, never over the top with lights and graphics, superb efficiency and voltage regulation...just cannot go wrong with them. I could really use one about now, I need to replace my OLD Antec 380W in my Fedora server......I fear it's life is dwindling.

I need the Power of Castle Grayskull! .. Hopfully Seasonic can compensate my needs...

Efficiency and silence. Those are the two items i look for primarily.

I look for high quality and reliability at a fair price. "Cheap" power supplies can be very expensive when they fail and take other components along with them.

Up until my last power supply I wasn't to worried about modular connections. Now I am all about them. Seeing as how up to about 5 years ago I wouldn't have thought about clean stable power, that is also foremost on my decision for my power supply. And as long as it is not bright pink...

I look at ripple, efficiency, what components they use, how well constructed the PSU is, and overall value.

The main things I look for in a power supply are:
-DC Quality and Transient Load
-Efficiency
-Sound Level

Thanks!

I want something that I can trust when being away from the computer.

Reliability, consistency, and low decibel count if I can get it... seasonic usually delivers both, only had 1 problem with 1 product ever of theirs

1.) Stable Voltage Regulation
2.) Clean Ripple
3.) Reliability / Warranty

Everything else is icing on the cake!

Last edited:
You make the best damn power supplies on the planet. So throw one my way please cause I am broke and in need of a steady diet of free power.

I look for power supplies that are modular and highly rated by reputable websites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back