Seasonic X-560 Give-Away! 3 PSUs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad to see some contests coming back. It's always fun to have a stake in the game. When buying a psu I look for good user feed back, and a known quality manufacturer.

What I look for in a PSU is reasonable quality and efficiency, along with reasonable price. :p

I look for many things in a PSU, warranty, voltage regulation, efficiency, silence, and ripple suppression. All these things Seasonic PSUs do well in, which is why I have an X750.

When I look for a power supply I look for: Modular cables, durability(I don't want my PSU to crap out and fry my system) and enough power that I'm not running at 100% capacity day in and day out.

Chicken dinner.

I'd have your babies Seasonic, I'm sure your engineers can find a way to make it happen.

modular and high efficiency rating......always a plus.

Traits I look for in a power supply: does not fry my computer when I turn it on.

I'm usually just looking for a power supply that will do what it claims to do and not wreck everything in its path. Yay!

First thing I like is a good review from [H] or JonnyGuru because of their testing procedures. Second I look for overkill because I want to run in the 50-60% range with room to add another video card, etc. Third I prefer single rail, although I don't have to have it. Fourth I tend to look for PSUs made by seasonic (like my PC power and cooling 750 quad). :D

Over the many years of building systems when selecting a power supply I look for efficiency, quality, evaluate the current the unit provides (not just "watts"). The most important factor in a power supply is the quality of the power - low noise and it needs to be stable. Noise level is on the list, but I've found that when the above are met in a well made unit, you get a low noise unit as pretty much standard.

The only thing I really look for is build quality. I don't really care about looks or noise. All I want is high quality components and very well regulated output.

Silence, Quality, and Efficiency are the three main factors: In estimated order of priority:

1) Stability of DC/Ripple/Quality of Construction
2) Loudness of Fan due to fan quality/speeds
3) Efficiency
4) Warranty

The X-560 is actually my likely next psu because it's very high on every level, plus isn't a ridiculous 750w+ psu.

I want my power supplies to work, not fry anything, and not ignite into flames.

I look for features like 80+ certified, Active PFC, something quieter, and most important.. reliability!

Things I look for in a PSU. ANY PSU I buy MUST meet these requirements.

1. 80+ certified
2. Active PFC
3. Well built
4. Good voltage stability
5. Gets a really good review from one or more sites that does actual testing.. such as HardOCP and JonnyGURU.

I second all of the above and add modularity and reasonable price.

Edit: Since I will be on a cruise ship next week it will really suck if I win this and then do not get it because I can not reply in 12 hours..

80+ cert, well built, stable voltage, good reviews on every site

I need...

high efficiency
quality components
minimal voltage ripple
and power factor correction

I look for something with reasonably good performance and a good price. Modular is also a plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back