Seasonic Vertex Series

Hello,

The MSRP provided is for all countries and does not include any tariff, etc. Hence why the difference with the US. Newegg is following the MSRP for the US.

Thank you.
Best Regards,
Assuming Seasonic PSU's are made in China then?

Anyone know if there's quality PSU's NOT made in China?

any updates on when we can expect the PX series? i know i saw newegg briefly had a "pre order coming soon" notification up a week or two ago.

Hello,

It's manufactured in China in our factory.

Thank you.
any updates on when we can expect the PX series? i know i saw newegg briefly had a "pre order coming soon" notification up a week or two ago.
Hello,

Unlikely Newegg made a pre-order (it was most likely VERTEX GX) on VERTEX PX as it's not planned yet to be on market before a moment.

Thank you.
Best regards,

Hello Seasonic Rep

Is it true that the Seasonic Vertex Gold 1200W have been delayed to 31 March 2023 like Scan.co.uk say on their web site or is it just a placeholder?

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/120...rail-fully-modular-100a-135mm-fdb-fan-atx-psu

Thank you very much
Hello,

Yes, VERTEX GX has been delayed in Europe. We should have more information within 2-3 weeks for final release date.

Thank you.

Seasonic Rep Do you know when the Vertex will be available at other U.S. retailers like Amazon and BH Photo?
Hello,

No information especially for Amazon as they are not direct as far as we are aware. But knowing Newegg started to haéve them, it shouldn't be long for other resellers to have them as well.

Thank you.
Best regards,

Hello,

Yes, VERTEX GX has been delayed in Europe. We should have more information within 2-3 weeks for final release date.

Thank you.

Thank you for the quick reply.

I just saw an advertising for the Seasonic Vertex on the last video by youtuber der8auer. Minute 1:40

Finally got mine as well.

43070719-864B-4F28-B9B5-32EC81A54530.jpeg

Mine was supposed to be delivered today but is stuck in Texas due to weather.

Seems the 1200w version is out of stock again. Went to buy one yesterday at Newegg and ETA is 3/31. Unlucky.

Hi Seasonic Rep
Do you know when the Vertex GX 850w will be released in Canada? Canada Computers is shipping the 1200w and 1000w currently but I'd like to get the 850w if you know anything? Thank you!

Central Computers has it in stock.
Don’t want to deviate from the main topic that much, but are they reliable? I’m not from the US so it’s my first time hearing about them. I always buy from Amazon or Newegg as last resource.

Don’t want to deviate from the main topic that much, but are they reliable? I’m not from the US so it’s my first time hearing about them. I always buy from Amazon or Newegg as last resource.

I can't speak to their online (except that their site is pretty dated), but they've been around for decades and I've never had issues dealing with them in-store.

I can't speak to their online (except that their site is pretty dated), but they've been around for decades and I've never had issues dealing with them in-store.
Prior to the power supply I had only ordered one thing from them before (a video card), and it went well. I did order the power supply today and have a confirmation and tracking number already.

I ended up going with the 1000w.

Has anyone noticed a light rattle when it’s on? Is this normal? See video.

Not quite. Just did some googling. Their HQ is in Taiwan but the products are exported from China. Hence the tariffs. Given the current political climate, I would like to buy a brand that is NOT exported from China.
Depends on the specific PSU. The Vertex ones are made in China. The Prime TX seem to be made in Taiwan. However two things to note:

1) You aren't getting a PSU with NOTHING made in China. With international trade what it is these days you sometimes find that certain components are only made in one or two countries. So if your demand is "PSU with no Chinese components" you are SOL.

2) The "Made in" sticker doesn't matter a whole lot as it really is "final assembly in". You see that with Intel CPUs. Often in the US you'll get a CPU that wasn't "made in" the US, it'll be from Costa Rica or the like. However a quick look shows Intel has no fabs there, all their modern fabs are in the US, Israel, and one in Ireland. If it is 10nm, it is US only. So what gives? Well what gives is they make the wafers and fab them to chips int he US, the really complex and expensive process, then send them to another facility to testing and packing (as in putting in the silicon in the unit that we actually put in our computers). Because of the way the labeling works, that's where they are labeled as "made in".

Depends on the specific PSU. The Vertex ones are made in China. The Prime TX seem to be made in Taiwan. However two things to note:

1) You aren't getting a PSU with NOTHING made in China. With international trade what it is these days you sometimes find that certain components are only made in one or two countries. So if your demand is "PSU with no Chinese components" you are SOL.

2) The "Made in" sticker doesn't matter a whole lot as it really is "final assembly in". You see that with Intel CPUs. Often in the US you'll get a CPU that wasn't "made in" the US, it'll be from Costa Rica or the like. However a quick look shows Intel has no fabs there, all their modern fabs are in the US, Israel, and one in Ireland. If it is 10nm, it is US only. So what gives? Well what gives is they make the wafers and fab them to chips int he US, the really complex and expensive process, then send them to another facility to testing and packing (as in putting in the silicon in the unit that we actually put in our computers). Because of the way the labeling works, that's where they are labeled as "made in".
Yeah, I get it. I can wait for other PSU's. I'd rather have a component here and there from China then the entire unit manufactured, assembled and shipped from there. If I was running into OCP issues on my PSU, i'd be less picky but mine is working just fine for the time being so no rush... Heck, I may not upgrade at all

Yeah, I get it. I can wait for other PSU's. I'd rather have a component here and there from China then the entire unit manufactured, assembled and shipped from there. If I was running into OCP issues on my PSU, i'd be less picky but mine is working just fine for the time being so no rush... Heck, I may not upgrade at all
The high prices of the ATX 3 units are making me feel the same way. 300-400 dollars for a PS is pretty steep. The native PCI e 5 cable is nice. I'm torn in the decision to buy one or not. I have a 1050 as it is. I may cancel my MSI 1300w meg backorder I have. I've already cancelled 2 other backorders before. The more time passes the more I realize my existing power supply works just fine with my system. Only thing is cable management. It would be one wire less for 3 or 4 hundred bucks lol

The high prices of the ATX 3 units are making me feel the same way. 300-400 dollars for a PS is pretty steep. The native PCI e 5 cable is nice. I'm torn in the decision to buy one or not. I have a 1050 as it is. I may cancel my MSI 1300w meg backorder I have. I've already cancelled 2 other backorders before. The more time passes the more I realize my existing power supply works just fine with my system. Only thing is cable management. It would be one wire less for 3 or 4 hundred bucks lol
I mean.... I certainly wouldn't upgrade in your situation. While cable management is important to me, it's not $3-400 important enough for just the video card connection. If I'm spending that much for cable management, it's because I don't have a modular PSU to begin with.

Was finally able to build my PC after working for months to acquire the parts.
13900K, MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, 4TB WD SN850X Nvme, 64GB DDR5 6000, MSI 4090 Gaming Trio, MSI S360 AIO, Fractual Meshify 2, Seasonic Vertex GX1200.
Beast of a computer and it actually is running very efficient. About 180Watts idle, 35C. I played some BF2042 eariler and total system draw was around 690watts and 65c. Not bad. That wattage also contains the Alienware 34" OLED-QD monitor.

Seasonic Rep are we getting close to an announcement on the EU release?
I'm seeing posts on reddit claiming a German shop saying release is for early march, is that accurate?
I'm really hoping for an early march release here. After all this time waiting.

Seasonic Rep are we getting close to an announcement on the EU release?
I'm seeing posts on reddit claiming a German shop saying release is for early march, is that accurate?
I'm really hoping for an early march release here. After all this time waiting.
Hello,

In Europe, VERTEX GX will start to be shipped to some of our partners this week. So an early March release in part of Europe seems accurate.

Thank you.
Best regards,

Back