Seasonic S12II 620watt for $65 limited time frame

Direfox

[H]ard|Gawd
Saw this on my Newegg shell shocker preview. Runs between 1pm and 3pm today only. Just got to Neweggs.com during that time and it will be on the front page (for the few of you that haven't used newegg before). This should be the shipped price because shell shockers are nearly always free shipping. This is a great PSU for this price range.

Good deal.

For anyone that misses this, the Antec Neo 620C and 620 HCG are the same Seasonic design internally and can usually be had for even less. I tend to prefer the units straight from Seasonic as the rebadges can use different capacitors and such but these should all perform identically.

This or Thermaltake Tough Power 775 hmmm...

I like modular, but I dislike puky brown color.

Good deal.

For anyone that misses this, the Antec Neo 620C and 620 HCG are the same Seasonic design internally and can usually be had for even less. I tend to prefer the units straight from Seasonic as the rebadges can use different capacitors and such but these should all perform identically.

Half true, the neo 620C is 80+ certified and the S12II is bronze. The 620C is based on the older S12 design (I believe). The HCG is the same as the S12II. Both are around the same MSRP, but the HCG can be found cheaper with IR and MIR. Plus, it has a 135mm fan instead of a 120mm fan.

I picked up a 520W HCG from newegg for $44 shipped using the $15 off coupon. It was a steal.

Half true, the neo 620C is 80+ certified and the S12II is bronze. The 620C is based on the older S12 design (I believe). The HCG is the same as the S12II. Both are around the same MSRP, but the HCG can be found cheaper with IR and MIR. Plus, it has a 135mm fan instead of a 120mm fan.

I picked up a 520W HCG from newegg for $44 shipped using the $15 off coupon. It was a steal.

Yes I remember reading about the 80 plus rating discrepancy between the units but in testing they turned in almost identical efficiency numbers. In any case you're getting one of the best power supplies you can find in this price range.

What kind of headroom would this have with an overclocked i5 and a 560 ti?

nvidia "recommends" a 500w psu for a 560ti. in my experience, this means one of those el cheapo 500w power supplies that can only safely output 350w or so. so a quality 500w power supply should be plenty for that combo. a 620w unit like this one could be considered overkill.

some actual testing numbers in case you're interested:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/4135/nvidias-geforce-gtx-560-ti-upsetting-the-250-market/16

the system in that test set up has an OC'd i7 920, which probably draws more than any overclocked SB processor draws.

Back