Seasonic Pulls the Plug on Review Samples - Retail Direct for Reviews

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
As you might have seen over the years here at HardOCP, we have many times been "cut off" by companies when those companies did not like the outcome of our reviews. The most recent that comes to mind is ASRock. ASRock will no longer sample HardOCP motherboards. Many times the reviews you see here on ASRock motherboards are products that we purchase ourselves. We have also done this in the last few years with PSUs, motherboards, AMD Radeon cards, and Intel CPUs as well. If we feel there is a "need" to cover a product, or we simply have holes in our content schedules we go fishing for things to cover. Sometimes we can source the product faster from China and then have no need to agree to NDAs and embargoes. HardOCP actually took up a fight to push for retail-only samples many years ago, but we were simply met by too much resistance from manufacturers. But now one is changing its tune.

Full Story HERE.

Edit: Currently this is only for reviewers in USA.

Last edited:
Winning! This is an excellent way to have their samples for review to be conducted at - a total honest and not cherry picked. Cannot beat that.

I just got a Friday warm fuzzy knowing my 750 Prime sits at home waiting for me. Thanks for the share!

Last edited:
Gota love to see honesty from some companies now-a-days. I hail Seasonic for doing this. They also had the courtesy to let you guys know that this is what they are going to do. (y)

Name the names.

Also, good news and I hope others will follow suit.

I missed the box you check at Newegg to get golden sample review parts. I'm willing to shell out $2.99 more. 29.99 if it's a golden shower.

Reactions: DocNo
like this
Obviously you'll have to order them through shill accounts to anonymous PO Boxes. Everyone knows only the golden sampler at Newegg packs Kyle's orders
;)

That's the old "put up or shut up" or maybe "put your money where your mouth is" Been running Seasonic PSUs in several of my machines for several years.

Nice to see Seasonic stepping it up. I've been using them for the past 2-3 generations of my PCs and they've been great.

Yep, their QA is top shelf and they know it. They do not need to rely on a second verification of a review unit before someone looks at it.

Ever since Corsair stopped using Seasonic I have gone directly to Seasonic with my PSU purchases. You really can't beat the quality and they give you.

I almost always buy Seasonic. All with exception of my gaming computer have Seasonic, gaming has an FSP which offered more and great performance when I bought it a few years ago. With this move I don't think I'll consider anything but Seasonic in the future!

Bravo. Just another box to check towards getting Seasonic Supplies. I think I'm up to 13 working units at this time.

Seasonic has confidence in their product. That is a very good thing. My gaming PC and my HTPC both have Seasonic power supplies. It seems I have already chosen the best of the lot. ;)

[H] has done many reviews of Silverstone PSUs over the years and I bought a lot of them. They NEVER lived up to the expectations obtained from the reviews. In some cases the voltage being delivered was way out of spec (3v on the 3.3V rail) and PCs using them often had stability issues.
Sesonic PSUs on the other hand have always exceeded expectations (because my expectations were tainted by Silverstone).

I recently switched (2 years ago) to seasonic and won't use or recommend anything else.

Glad they are doing this and will continue to give them my business.

I've been using nothing but Seasonic power supplies for 15+ years...and glad that I have. I like the move.

I actually like and beleive that {H}ard is Honest and straight up with the reviews regardless of company a,b or c Keep up the {H}ard work ;)

Oh man, you mean that the ASRock mobos you gave us are now collector's items?
Should've had you autograph them :(

Whew, when I first read the title I was worried and thought Kyle pissed in their Wheaties. :D

lol I was thinking the same thing. Glad it went a good way.

I have an EVGA SUpernova right now but I love seasonic, this will help me trust them even more.

When I put my rig together a couple months back, I had gone with a Seasonic Prime 850 Titanium. It was actually DOA, but I didn't have any problem at all whatsoever getting it replaced. Since then, this thing has been absolutely fantastic for me so far.

EDIT: typo!

Back