Seasonic Pulls the Plug on Review Samples - Retail Direct for Reviews

This is very nice.

Seasonic is one of a very few PSU brands I'll buy.

Others include Silverstone and Enermax.

Am I missing any others?

I find that most of the typical "gaming" brands, like Corsair, EVGA, etc. etc. are pretty hit or miss depending on whose PSU's they are rebranding this week.

It's nice to see a company that sits on top of their respective stack be the first to do this. Sort of gives you a feeling they have high expectations of their product.

I love the Seasonic 360w gold in my wifes PC. Johnny Guru reviewed it a couple years ago and it scored almost perfect across the board.

My current rig has a Rosewill Valens 550w (IIRC) gold unit and it has performed admirally.

I'm hoping Seasonic starts making SFX power supplies soon. I've been looking at building a mini-itx system, but keep putting it off since Seasonic does not make a SFX or SFX-L yet.

I'm hoping Seasonic starts making SFX power supplies soon. I've been looking at building a mini-itx system, but keep putting it off since Seasonic does not make a SFX or SFX-L yet.

I wish they would! I have an older SG08 case begging for something.

My Corsair AX750 is a Seasonic X-760.
Now 6 years old and not a glitch.
Happy camper.

I wont get another Corsair unless they rethink what they use.

Last edited:

I find that for mini-ITX systems, as long as you don't need a ton of power, a PicoPSU and power brick combo tends to work really well.

It is easy to bolt in a plastic cover and cut a hole to screw in the power plug. Silent and very power efficient.

My HTPC's all have 80w PicoPSU combos and they have been great. The low wattage supplies allow the systems to be surprisingly low power at idle, as they are closer to the PSU's high efficiency band. My systems draw between 6 and 8w from the wall idle on the desktop, and that's for Haswell Celeron G1840 and GForce GT720's

Last edited:
My Seasonic 1000W Platinum is still going strong after 5 years. Dead silent too thanks to its semi-passive design. It's one of those things I almost never think about because it just works and makes no noise.

Only ever read good things about seasonic.

from reading the title i thought something bad was happening, glad its the opposite.

<Insert conspiracy that newegg now ships the golden samples when they detect a reviewers address>

I find that for mini-ITX systems, as long as you don't need a ton of power, a PicoPSU and power brick combo tends to work really well.

It is easy to bolt in a plastic cover and cut a hole to screw in the power plug. Silent and very power efficient.

My HTPC's all have 80w PicoPSU combos and they have been great. The low wattage supplies allow the systems to be surprisingly low power at idle, as they are closer to the PSU's high efficiency band. My systems draw between 6 and 8w from the wall idle on the desktop, and that's for Haswell Celeron G1840 and GForce GT720's

I'm actually looking for completely opposite. I want to drive a 150W gpu in a case the size of a Ncase M1 or Danscase.

Either you're mistaken or Newegg is. See here.

Those are several years old and are aimed at OEM office systems. I'm talking about 500W+ enthusiast units with modular cables. I thought there were technical limitations capping the wattages, but Silverstone has several up to 800W.

Corsair also has a 600W model.
Seasonic has zero competing products. :(

Hi guys,

First of all, thanks a lot for all your comments. We are glad to read this and we do hope that our move for the sample to reviewers will be followed by others brands.

Hi Tweak42,

I would say, never say never... So why not some SFX PSU in a near future? ;)

Regards everyone.

Back