Seasonic Proudly Presents Its New Flagship PRIME Series Power Supplies

-In my previous post i meant about the scenario that a product is used for a while, then the customer sees that is a faulty one, and then he returns it immediately. The 6-month scenario that you mentioned was not among my thoughts (*to be honest, i didn't paid much attention to Magoo's post.:eek: )
So i wonder, in my case, where my psu was used for only 2 days, ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R1BY...etail-glance&nodeID=340831031&store=computers ), what kind of psu i deserve to get? Refurbished because i used a faulty psu for an entire 48 hours? !! (*while these 48 hours, it could have been damaging the rest of my brother's system? !!:mad:, only this would be a reason enough for any company to send the customer a brand new psu, in recognition of the danger it might have caused!!)
So, according to this logic, the only one that deserves to get a brand new psu, is the the one that he will return his faulty psu without using it at all ??!! That's a little hard to be achieved in my opinion!!

Hi, in EU, customers claiming a RMA direct with us, we either replace with refurb or new and in most instances, it is new. If your unit failed within the first 30 days, in most cases we will replace it with a new unit. Please note, different Sea Sonic offices will have different RMA policies.
For the fact that you have returned it to your retailer such as Amazon, I am sorry but they have their own RMA procedure and we cannot enforce our policy. Therefore, in this instance, please take up your issue with Amazon.co.uk.
In future, if you need RMA support for your product, please visit our website and under Consumer, you will find the RMA section.
Please note, our power supplies come with all the necessary protection circuits so when it fails, it will not damage any components inside your system so, if our PSU fails, normally it is just a dead piece of sheet metal with a bunch of wires and PCBs in it and your brother's system is in a safe place.
Thank you

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
This doesnt sit very well.
If I return a faulty product to Amazon I will either get my money back or another new product.
You make out that yours is the superior service but you will not guarantee either money back (you dont even offer this) or a new product, and you seem proud of it!
Amazons service sounds better.

As we do not sell directly to end consumers then a refund would not be possible.
And when we sell to retailers or distributors who will then sell to the retailers, then their RMA/Warranty policy is in place and if they want to provide new replacements, then we will support their policy.
This case in point, the purchase was made at Amazon.co.uk as I see the review was written there and if Amazon sent a refurbished unit, then this is the action from Amazon.

As we do not sell directly to end consumers then a refund would not be possible.
Point #1 in favour of Amazon.

And when we sell to retailers or distributors who will then sell to the retailers, then their RMA/Warranty policy is in place and if they want to provide new replacements, then we will support their policy.
This case in point, the purchase was made at Amazon.co.uk as I see the review was written there and if Amazon sent a refurbished unit, then this is the action from Amazon.

Are you saying that when a faulty PSU is returned to Amazon, they can replace it with a refurb?
The law states it must be new, it will be interesting to hear if that is not being applied.

It is not our company policy to sell direct to end consumers so therefore, of course you should go to Amazon or any of the retailers. I don't get your point of comparison....

If you wish to know more about Amazon's return policy, then please contact Amazon. Thank you.

It is not our company policy to sell direct to end consumers so therefore, of course you should go to Amazon or any of the retailers. I don't get your point of comparison....

If you wish to know more about Amazon's return policy, then please contact Amazon. Thank you.

You made the point of comparison, I replied to it.
You came to this thread inferring that Amazons return policies are inferior to your own.
There was no need for what you said, yet you said it anyway.

If you dont wish to clarify Amazons policies then you shouldnt compare yourself to them.
You have carefully avoided answering my question directly.

Prior to this I had no issue with Seasonic but I found your post unreasonable and defamatory.
Now I have to question what you are about.
You seem to have an air of desperation.

Wow, really?
I re-read my posts and I sit here wondering is it because it is Friday?

Again you are avoiding the issue and trying to misdirect.
Answer post 44 properly.

I'm not impressed.

The problem is not with the Rep. The problem is you did not read the response.

The rep said:

For the fact that you have returned it to your retailer such as Amazon, I am sorry but they have their own RMA procedure and we cannot enforce our policy.

^----That line only means Amazon's policy is Amazon's policy and Seasonic isn't going to trump Amazon if you are dealing with Amazon.

That is it. All they said is that Seasonic has their RMA policy and Amazon has their own return policy. Seasonic has nothing to do with Amazon's return policy and if Amazon does something wrong you have to talk to Amazon.

That is very simple, they never made out that their policy was better or worse only that different policies are in place with different situations.

Ok, in fear of digging the hole deeper....

I responded to Sith'ari about his experience of purchasing our product and needing to do a RMA within 48 hours. I assumed he made the purchase through Amazon.co.uk because that is where he posted his review of the product.

He explained that instead of a new unit, he received a refurbished unit....

Does this now answer your question?

THANK YOU!! I thought I was losing my mind!!! I have jet lag and didn't sleep all night so it was me....

The problem is not with the Rep. The problem is you did not read the response.

The rep said:

^----That line only means Amazon's policy is Amazon's policy and Seasonic isn't going to trump Amazon if you are dealing with Amazon.

That is it. All they said is that Seasonic has their RMA policy and Amazon has their own return policy. Seasonic has nothing to do with Amazon's return policy and if Amazon does something wrong you have to talk to Amazon.

That is very simple, they never made out that their policy was better or worse only that different policies are in place with different situations.
I pointed out that Amazons return/replacement policy is better for the consumer.
He replied

indicating that Amazon also ship refurbs.
I asked him to qualify this and he has avoided doing so.

I pointed out that Amazons return/replacement policy is better for the consumer.
He replied

indicating that Amazon also ship refurbs.
I asked him to qualify this and he has avoided doing so.

No, the rep did not.The rep said "if" and "want" in your quote, not "does" or "does not". The rep made no claim that Amazon also ships refurbs only that Amazon has Amazon's policies and Seasonic has their own and as the supplier Seasonic supports Amazon (through non-interference and product shipment).

Nenu,

This is what Sith'ari wrote in post # 27

So i wonder, in my case, where my psu was used for only 2 days, ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R1BY9...tore=computers ), what kind of psu i deserve to get? Refurbished because i used a faulty psu for an entire 48 hours? !! (*while these 48 hours, it could have been damaging the rest of my brother's system? !!, only this would be a reason enough for any company to send the customer a brand new psu, in recognition of the danger it might have caused!!)
So, according to this logic, the only one that deserves to get a brand new psu, is the the one that he will return his faulty psu without using it at all ??!! That's a little hard to be achieved in my opinion!!

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
This does not sit well with me at all.

You will note that my previous response to this thread on page 1 was very positive toward Seasonic.
My gripe is with the strange stance the Seasonic Rep has now taken.
I have good grounds for my concern whether you agree or not.

Its good that a rep comes here but not if thats how they respond.
I'm saddened.
There are few companies I hold in high regard, this was one.
He has still not answered post 44.

Nenu,

Sith'ari wrote the review on Amazon.co.uk so I assumed he made the purchase from Amazon.co.uk.
Sith'ari as well wrote he got a refurbished unit so I assume he received the refurbished unit from Amazon.co.uk.

This does not sit well with me at all.

You will note that my previous response to this thread on page 1 was very positive toward Seasonic.
My gripe is with the strange stance the Seasonic Rep has now taken.
I have good grounds for my concern whether you agree or not.

Its good that a rep comes here but not if thats how they respond.
I'm saddened.
There are few companies I hold in high regard, this was one.
He has still not answered post 44.

You should probably take the rest of the night off, and reread the responses later because you really don't have any grounds and you are making up an argument that does not exist.

Reactions: DF-1
like this
Nenu,

Sith'ari wrote the review on Amazon.co.uk so I assumed he made the purchase from Amazon.co.uk.
Sith'ari as well wrote he got a refurbished unit so I assume he received the refurbished unit from Amazon.co.uk.

Ah.
That does make a difference.
My apologies.

Nenu,

:eek::eek: I only left for few hours and look what happened, everyone have been mentioning my post!! :p
-Since i notice that i caused some confusion with my previous posts (perhaps my English need a little refinement:D ), i have to make some facts clear:
1. The PSU was not bought from Amazon.co.uk, but from a local store in my country (Greece). I just wrote the review to Amazon.uk
2.The replacement unit that i received is a brand new Seasonic Snow Silent750, and not a refurbished one.
( * I would never change a review score from the 1/5 stars, -that i gave at my original review-, to 4/5 stars ,-after i got the new unit-, if the replacement unit was refurbished:D )
3. Although i was furious with Seasonic for getting a faulty PSU at first, i totaly love the replacement (brand new) unit. For certain reasons that i don't think it's necessary to mention right now, i think that this is the best PSU from all i bought so far ( including EVGA G2 750 / 850, Tt GRAND Platinum 850 among others!!), and just like i said at my review, my faith for Seasonic has been fully restored !! :):) (*P.S. The 4/5 stars were only given for the inconvenience that i faced going back and forth to the local store, otherwise my score would be 5/5 stars)

EDIT: If i understood correctly from reading Nenu's & Seasonic's Rep posts, the whole confusion begun because in my review i used the term "replacement unit", and thus they assumed that i meant "refurbished unit"??:confused:
The replacement unit can be either brand new or refurbished. I never specified at my review what kind of replacement unit i received though, so why the assumption that it was refurbished? :confused: !!

Last edited:
Glad that got sorted.

I love SeaSonic psu's. I have a failed mobo/psu in a build, being powered by an X750. It's fun watching the psu's protection features kick in every time I try to troubleshoot. Really. I have total faith that I'm not going to burn down my house through a shorted mobo component. The X750 gets kicked, resets, and comes back for more...every time.

I have X series psu's on all of my builds. I love the silent "hybrid" cooling feature. No fan until it needs it, then a pretty darn quiet one kicks on. By the time the current draw is high enough to kick on the psu fan, my gpu and aio fans are already ramped up, so I never notice the psu.

They do what they should: they provide drama free power and are the basis of every build I've done for the last 10 years.

(If any SeaSonic rep should feel the need to send me a free unit for testing, I can, indeed, be bought. :) )

Ken

What a pointless clusterfuck of a thread. I would have no hesitations buying Seasonic either way. This new unit looks fantastic.

What a pointless clusterfuck of a thread. I would have no hesitations buying Seasonic either way. This new unit looks fantastic.

Me either. My X850 is running as strong as ever, I will gladly buy another Seasonic PSU when the time comes that I'll need to.

Is there any news when these are coming out? I've had my x750 for about 6 years now and my htpc has not enough connectors for hard drives so I'll probably move my x750 to my htpc and my next psu for my main will be one of these.

Thank you for your interest in the PRIME. The Titanium units should be on the market in May +/- :)

Im really happy with my SeaSonic XP3 1200W (well a CM rebadge of it, in my sig) despite havin blown one up lol, for 300AU i get a solid PSU with a 7 year warranty and its quiet as a mouse. By far the best value PSU in the range for me here. Hopefully that aspect remains the same, I would gladly buy one of these next build.

I had a 860XP Platinum rated Seasonic which kept short circuiting. A bit of googling and it transpired the first gen had a faulty over protection circuitry. I binned it- didn`t even bother with RMA. ( feel bad as I threw away good money)
Apart from tht when it did fire up it was a decent unit. Even could lower the voltages for same OC as I guess it was supplying a cleaner current.
My trusty 4 yr old Ax1200 is the bomb though. Long may it run for at least another 5 yrs!

Wow 5 month paper launch? Why do companies do that? Please announce closer to release day.

In a sense, a longer paper launch is nice. If I was going to buy a product that was inferior, within that timeframe, and didn't know of it -- and can wait for the "superior" product that was launched on paper instead, I'll wait for the superior product instead of purchasing the inferior one and kicking myself in the arse.

I had a 860XP Platinum rated Seasonic which kept short circuiting. A bit of googling and it transpired the first gen had a faulty over protection circuitry. I binned it- didn`t even bother with RMA. ( feel bad as I threw away good money)
Apart from tht when it did fire up it was a decent unit. Even could lower the voltages for same OC as I guess it was supplying a cleaner current.
My trusty 4 yr old Ax1200 is the bomb though. Long may it run for at least another 5 yrs!
I had a similar issue with my 860XP. Seasonic ended up giving me a brand new 860XP2

I had a similar issue with my 860XP. Seasonic ended up giving me a brand new 860XP2

I wonder if this is what was wrong with my first x750. I had it about a week and it would only stay on for about 5 min before turning off, I got newegg to replace it and the replacement has been going strong for 6 years.

I've always bought SeaSonic units (not even re-brands, but actual SeaSonic branded PSUs). My last SeaSonic was an S12-II 500W, purchased in 2008. It's still powering one of my systems. I bought an EVGA G2-650 (Super Flower) due to great reviews, and it promptly died on me in about 6 weeks. While I appreciate EVGA's warranty service, I've learned my lesson. I may buy a Prime for this system and ditch the EVGA (which appeared to be a refurb but EVGA didn't specify).

In a sense, a longer paper launch is nice. If I was going to buy a product that was inferior, within that timeframe, and didn't know of it -- and can wait for the "superior" product that was launched on paper instead, I'll wait for the superior product instead of purchasing the inferior one and kicking myself in the arse.

You don't need 5 months for that though. 1 month would be plenty.

You don't need 5 months for that though. 1 month would be plenty.

I'm wondering why do you guys keep mentioning the 5-month period.
Seasonic's Rep post (post #67 ), was posted on February 15th. From this date, to the date that was announced ( May +/- ), it's a 3-month period !!!

Is a 10 year warranty really something you would be needing on a power supply these days? What will we be doing 10 years from now?

The CPU and motherboard in one of my boxes is a decade old.

I mean you technically need non-standard wall wiring, sockets, and breakers to go past 1200W safely.

Not where we have 240V AC.

Sorry for the delay to bring the PRIME to market. We made some last minute upgrades which caused the delay to market. We expect the PRIME units to be at the shops in mid July. Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

Back