Seasonic PRIME ULTRA TITANIUM 850w and 2080 Ti - question.

I run PC in my sig on the 750W version of this unit. I would have gone 650W, but that version only comes with one EPS +12V connection and I need two for the 9900K.

I run PC in my sig on the 750W version of this unit. I would have gone 650W, but that version only comes with one EPS +12V connection and I need two for the 9900K.

What !~?! i have this psu and i'm pretty it's compatible with 9900k cpu and motherboard.

What !~?! i have this psu and i'm pretty it's compatible with 9900k cpu and motherboard.
The 650W version? When I looked at the specifications it said it only had one EPS +12V connection. I'd be happy if I am wrong. The price difference was only $10 or $20 anyway, so it's no big deal.

The 650W version? When I looked at the specifications it said it only had one EPS +12V connection. I'd be happy if I am wrong. The price difference was only $10 or $20 anyway, so it's no big deal.

Multiple EPS 12V connections are almost universally superfluous on consumer motherboards. If you're just using ambient cooling, it's basically impossible to surpass the current that can be provided by a single EPS 12V connection.

I think those people had faulty video cards. The PSU should work fine as long as both your GPU and power supply arrive without defects.

All components can be working correctly and have no defects yet the computer can still exhibit problems.
Video cards can draw power very quickly when going from 0% load to 100% load in 100 milliseconds (or less). This sudden power draw can trip the PSU over current protection. I had it happen on two different brand new Seasonic 850W PSUs with 2x1080Ti cards in SLI (my system is in my sig below). The symptom was the PC shut off completely and had to be manually turned back on. This was repeatable at will. Switching to 1000W model fixed it for me. Note that average power draw under full load is 650W - not even close to the 850W rating. There are other reasons to get a larger power supply than "total average power the system will use" metrics would lead you to believe.

All components can be working correctly and have no defects yet the computer can still exhibit problems.
Video cards can draw power very quickly when going from 0% load to 100% load in 100 milliseconds (or less). This sudden power draw can trip the PSU over current protection. I had it happen on two different brand new Seasonic 850W PSUs with 2x1080Ti cards in SLI (my system is in my sig below). The symptom was the PC shut off completely and had to be manually turned back on. This was repeatable at will. Switching to 1000W model fixed it for me. Note that average power draw under full load is 650W - not even close to the 850W rating. There are other reasons to get a larger power supply than "total average power the system will use" metrics would lead you to believe.

I had this problem a couple years ago with an older 750W Corsair PSU. Drove me crazy because it worked fine with my older GPU but the 1080 ti would cause it to shut off and then it would take a while before it would start again. At that point it was a good 7 years old so I figured it was just dying.

I have the same PSU and a launch day 2080ti FE - I've never had any issues.

I’ve had the 1k version for a while and used a 1080ti, 2080ti and 2080 super with it all without issue.

Back