Seasonic PRIME ULTRA TITANIUM 850w and 2080 Ti - question.

Discussion in 'Power Supplies' started by mgty23, Nov 5, 2019.

1. mgty23

mgty23 Limp Gawd

2. Nasgul

Nasgul [H]Lite

I wouldn't be worried about it, perhaps the issue could be something else, since that the person said that he replaced the PSU and two PSU with issues? Obviously it is something else.
    A power supply will fail from the get-go Or, or, or, or.............could be one dumb mistake that I myself recently made. Insert the PSU upside down where the fan is facing upwards but got one of those dumb cases with a PSU Shroud and thus it's chocking the PSU.

My system shut down twice, it went berserk 4 times but ONE day I noticed the PSU was overheating and I thought it was dying........but I turned it with the intake fan facing down and now it's been two weeks w/o a single issue or PSU overheating.

3. honegod

honegod [H]ardness Supreme

I read that, they said all problem was video card not psu.

I have same 850w psu, works good.

Armenius likes this.
  4. Armenius

Armenius I Drive Myself to the [H]ospital

I run PC in my sig on the 750W version of this unit. I would have gone 650W, but that version only comes with one EPS +12V connection and I need two for the 9900K.

5. 123Lanoix

123Lanoix 2[H]4U

What !~?! i have this psu and i'm pretty it's compatible with 9900k cpu and motherboard.

6. Armenius

Armenius I Drive Myself to the [H]ospital

The 650W version? When I looked at the specifications it said it only had one EPS +12V connection. I'd be happy if I am wrong. The price difference was only $10 or $20 anyway, so it's no big deal.

7. BrotherMichigan

BrotherMichigan Limp Gawd

Multiple EPS 12V connections are almost universally superfluous on consumer motherboards. If you're just using ambient cooling, it's basically impossible to surpass the current that can be provided by a single EPS 12V connection.