Seasonic Prime SSR-1300PD

Psycrow

Gawd
Hi

I got a new Seasonic Prime SSR-1300PD for my 2 month new pc.

And im using the hybrid mode for fanless sillent mode.
But it seems like the fan starts to spin/load even when im posting on forums or opens google to seach with.

Then it suddenly starts to spin for 5 mins and then its sillent for 5-10 mins.This loop seems to go on.
So if im playing games or browsing then it happens..is this normal ?

Hybrid mode = 5 min fan spin and 5 mins fanless sillent mode.
Isent the fan gona stay sillent until i start playing games ?

Im using balanced power mode where my cpu is idle when i barly use my pc.
So its idle 800 mhz where around 5-10 % cpu is being used.

My specs

11900k Intel
3080 ti Auros OC extreme
32 G skill trident z
Asus maximus extreme XIII
3 x 980 m.2 samsung
Several rgb leds
7 Riing quad case fans

Hi

I got a new Seasonic Prime SSR-1300PD for my 2 month new pc.

And im using the hybrid mode for fanless sillent mode.
But it seems like the fan starts to spin/load even when im posting on forums or opens google to seach with.

Then it suddenly starts to spin for 5 mins and then its sillent for 5-10 mins.This loop seems to go on.
So if im playing games or browsing then it happens..is this normal ?

Hybrid mode = 5 min fan spin and 5 mins fanless sillent mode.
Isent the fan gona stay sillent until i start playing games ?

Im using balanced power mode where my cpu is idle when i barly use my pc.
So its idle 800 mhz where around 5-10 % cpu is being used.

My specs

11900k Intel
3080 ti Auros OC extreme
32 G skill trident z
Asus maximus extreme XIII
3 x 980 m.2 samsung
Several rgb leds
7 Riing quad case fans
This is normal behavior. It does not stay silent all the time regardless of load.

This is normal behavior. It does not stay silent all the time regardless of load.
Ok so this 5 minute loop cycle is normal in hybrid mode ?
even if im playing games or browsing. I nocticed in games it also does this loop.
It dosent matter what i do then this 5 min loop cycle goes on for ever.

It was my understanding that the psu would be sillent until i was playing games or watching movies.

Ok so this 5 minute loop cycle is normal in hybrid mode ?
even if im playing games or browsing. I nocticed in games it also does this loop.
It dosent matter what i do then this 5 min loop cycle goes on for ever.

It was my understanding that the psu would be sillent until i was playing games or watching movies.
Mine stays on when there is enough load IE when I am gaming or rendering. When I am idle it appears to cycle every few 5-10 mins. I will have to see what mode mine is in. Regardless mine is nearly silent even when I am gaming. I have a 5000d airflow case.

Mine stays on when there is enough load IE when I am gaming or rendering. When I am idle it appears to cycle every few 5-10 mins. I will have to see what mode mine is in. Regardless mine is nearly silent even when I am gaming. I have a 5000d airflow case.
You prolly have hybrid mode enabled if it does the cycle 5-10 min like mine do. Its not loud but i can hear it when the music is off and i sit near the pc on my desk to read on forums before bed time. Then i notice it mostly.

You prolly have hybrid mode enabled if it does the cycle 5-10 min like mine do. Its not loud but i can hear it when the music is off and i sit near the pc on my desk to read on forums before bed time. Then i notice it mostly.
I wouldnt worry about it. They are rock solid power supplies. And my case is nearly open air and I hardly notice it and sit a foot away and have a loud video card.

I wouldnt worry about it. They are rock solid power supplies. And my case is nearly open air and I hardly notice it and sit a foot away and have a loud video card.
Yes ur right its a solid and good psu. I had 3 of em for my last builds. My system runs fine tho. I just wish it would be 100 % sillent in the evenings when i chill and read forums :D

I heard you can turn the psu around for fanless mode. What way does ur psu turn + fan up or down ?

Could you try turn it upwards and test for me ?

I heard you can turn the psu around for fanless mode. What way does ur psu turn + fan up or down ?

Could you try turn it upwards and test for me ?
It is facing up currently. I have it in hybrid mode. At idle I can feel a slight breeze the fan is very slowly turning, and I cannot hear it at all. I mean dead silent.

I am curious to know what your system draws when you are seeing the psu fan kick on and be noisy. Do you have a kill-a-watt to see how much power is being drawn when the fan kicks on to annoy you?

Even gaming in the hybrid mode, my fan is like almost inaudible. I wonder if you have a fault fan bearing or something?

It is facing up currently. I have it in hybrid mode. At idle I can feel a slight breeze the fan is very slowly turning, and I cannot hear it at all. I mean dead silent.

I am curious to know what your system draws when you are seeing the psu fan kick on and be noisy. Do you have a kill-a-watt to see how much power is being drawn when the fan kicks on to annoy you?

Even gaming in the hybrid mode, my fan is like almost inaudible. I wonder if you have a fault fan bearing or something?
No i dont have a kill a watt. I have hw info tho if that shows anything.
So ur fan is pointing upwards and you have the psu installed in the bottom of the case ?

And ur hybrid mode still has this 5-10 minute fanless/fan spin mode ?
Where it starts to spin for 5-10 and stops for 5-10 in a cycle loop ?

Can you please time this idle spin loop exactly ?
Cuz my hybrid spin loop if on 5-6 mins each.

When i play games like league of legends then the fan stops to spin for 5 mins and then it spins for 5 minutes. So it also happens when i play games or being idle.

I doubt it will do anything if i turn my psu upwards.

I spoke with a guy on toms hardware forums with same psu like we have and he sold it and bought the 1000 w gx focus since his psu was doing the same cycle.
It sounds like the fan runs on 1100-1200 rpm in 5 mins,

This is driving me cracy :D I hope we can figure out what it is. Im running a ballanced power profile in windows and my cpu is under 10 % load while posting now an dmy gpu is fanless mode now.
Nothing seems to be eating much power.

Back