Seasonic Platinum-1000 Drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
One lucky [H]'er will be drawn from the posts in this thread. POST ONLY ONCE! Tell us what you like about Seasonic. North America only.

top_logo_01.gif

You can pre-order the SeaSonic Platinum-1000 PSU at Newegg today! It is a very reasonably priced 1KW PSU from a great builder. Retail release date is October 24, 2011. We will close this drawing on October 21, 2011.

THIS DRAWING IS NOW CLOSED.

Last edited:
Love my x750, it came in awesome packaging but need more power for an SLI upgrade. GIMME

When I was younger and poorer, I always wanted a Seasonic but was stuck with bargain brands. These days I can finally afford to buy quality parts such as this power supply.

I like that my X750 has quality construction (great solder joins, capacitors, San Ace fan), top-notch efficiency, excellent voltage regulation, and is whisper-quiet.

That pretty much says it all.

I currently have a Seasonic M12D-850 and love it. I would definitely use Seasonic again!

What I have always liked about Seasonic is the quality build and the way that translates to a stable machine.

Good quality and price. Rumor has it they make some of Corsairs PSU's which I've grown to love.

Been building systems - workstations and servers - for a very long time. Seasonic has always been the reliable and STABLE PSU...

I like the 2 seasonic psu's I own! they are silent and modular, and great quality!
That 1000w is looking like hot stuff.

Quality products, great prices, excellent warranty, and the lack of cheesy "bling".

Seasonic has done what their competitors could only dream of - build top notch PSU's at a consumer-friendly price.

Hmmm, what's not to like about seasonic. They make some of the best power supplies out there, plus a significant number of the top brands in power supplies use seasonic units.

Seasonic PSUs don't suck! They are quiet, dependable, and do what Seasonic says they will do.

Solid, dependable, and long lasting. I've been a satified user of Seasonic power supplies for years. I have one in my rig now, and will likely to continue to have in the future.

I also like that they are one of the few companies that over good quality fanless solutions, perfect for those HTPC setups.

My Seasonic PSU served me well in my first HTPC, then when I carried it over to replace the one in my regular PC, it continued to keep me happy.

I'm not in the market for a 1000W unit (already have the X series 560W) but I do want to comment:

For the X series, and the higher fan models in particular:

Pros:
Heavily over engineered for reliability. Very nice peace of mind
Perfect output
Silent operation
Modular cabling
Lots of attention to packaging

Cons:
While it's the same as most vendors, the thick sheathing on the SATA power cables, combined with the distance between the plugs on each cable, make it difficult to use on newer cases that have the harddrives facing side to side. When trying to provide power to 2 adjacent drives the stiff excess cable between them can make it difficult/impossible to put back on the side panel. Due to the density of drives I was forced to replace some of the SATA power connectors on my new build with cheap unsheathed molex->sata power adapters. Since the SATA power cables hardly pull any amps would it be possible to sheath them in the smaller, tighter sheaths seen on many newer case fan power cables?

The brand is good and generally quiet. On my short list of PSUs I would buy when I build a new machine.

I have owned 3 different SS PSU for years. No issues ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back