Seasonic has a new take on cable management.

I don't like it...I'd rather have the traditional modular style running inside the case...

Reactions: Meeho
like this
I read this earlier and immediately went to find it for sale for a new PC and nothing yet. I have zero issues buying it since it is Seasonic. They were the ONLY PSU manufacturers to send [H]ardOCP retail units when doing reviews so they are the only units I will buy.

In some cases this could work really well, but I think it's going to be a very situation dependent thing. Either way, it's nice to see some unique ideas in the PSU market for once.

It makes me wonder if Seasonic is thinking of expanding into the case business.

I'd like to see some kind of SFF version as well, if practical..
Feels like almost a non starter for SFF case since space is a premium. Frankly, I rather have a side terminal for 24 pin connector and 8 pin connector for the motherboard and CPU to decrease the wire length.

FEt1whgFnsr5D760.jpg

Innovation is driven by competition and to increase the bottom line. Good to see Seasonic coming up with new ideas to enhance their product line.

Personally, I'd like to see the unit mounted in a TT Core X5 before drawing any conclusions though I have to admit the technology is rather cool and seems functional enough. Hopefully they'll improve on the design to be less bulky.

I hope it inspires more iterations. With the offloaded connectors, I wish they made the ATX box half height with a cover plate or more SFF-able. With the litany of cases that hide the PSU box and have tons of wire mgmt routes, I dont see much need in this.

I like the idea though, wonder what the price penalty will be.

I think this is completely bad ass and want it for my next power supply bad. As it stands I have to run cables across my motherboard from the bottom of my case, and this looks like it would solve that problem for me.

I hope it inspires more iterations. With the offloaded connectors, I wish they made the ATX box half height with a cover plate or more SFF-able. With the litany of cases that hide the PSU box and have tons of wire mgmt routes, I dont see much need in this.

I like the idea though, wonder what the price penalty will be.
No more than 150 i hope :)

I believe that I read that the unit the PS connects to was magnetic. Not sure if you guys caught that. If so you just stick it anywhere that it fits. No need to hope for holes so that you can zip tie it.

To me this feels like 10 years too late or no longer really relevant. Most cases have shrouds to hide the cables so its kind of a moot point to me.

It would be nice to not have to break out a flash light to try and wiggle a new cable in to add a sata power or something after your stuff is all put together. A lot of good cases out there that are a pita to run new cables into if your changing things out or adding something that needs a cable.

I love this idea, and I hope Seasonic is planning to build their own cases. There are a lot of great cases but they are one of the companies around that I think I might be ok paying a premium for. Their power supplies are worth a little extra... and I would love to see them design a case around this idea and sell it together as a package.

My case looks even cleaner than that one and I don't have that, it really is a useless product.

And the cables are not sleeved or individually sleeved, the tacky weirs on the connectors are the ugliest part of cable management.

What I like about this is not the cable management aspect, it's that it allows for more cable ports than the surface area of one side of a PSU would allow.

I'll stick to a regular modular power supply, but it is nice to see something new come out. In the right case it could work well.

What I like about this is not the cable management aspect, it's that it allows for more cable ports than the surface area of one side of a PSU would allow.
which allows people to run one wire to each device well instead of splitting off? could be handy in times

Does the wire bundle that goes to the modular unit retract into the PSU? It looks really short in the pictures, but I'm sure an extension cable will be available as an accessory for a reasonable fee.

Yeah, the wires look really short, but maybe they edited the photo so it was cleaner.

I might consider buying it one day since it comes with the connector and cable bags :barefoot: :rolleyes:

They know that we're complete suckers for packaging and having lots of small toys to play with inside the box (magnets, anti-skid pads, tie wraps and even a PSU tester)

But I do buy SeaSonic PS's and never had one die or had any PS related problem(s) through the years

Last edited:
You you know they are folded/bundled wires. When you fold them like... layering... something.. like an s fold or whatever then press them down they look smaller than the length is.

I cant see my ever having enough space for it vs the three cables i currently use in the part of my case you can see. Ive got rads in the only places it could fit.
The other two sata cables i use are hidden behind the mb along with the fan controllers they power. Shrug. Maybe in my aircooled backup rig. Even then i dont like having a powerstrip looking part where i can see it. Afterall the whole point of being modular is to keep the psu and cables hidden.
Someday it might work in one of my small builds.

To me this feels like 10 years too late or no longer really relevant. Most cases have shrouds to hide the cables so its kind of a moot point to me.

most do but with how thick the cables are getting these days it's not a bad option.. though like even seasonic said when they first started showing this off last year is that it was for a nitche market for people that do double sided tempered glass panel cases. i can see the advantages though especially if you're doing custom cables not having to get full length ones can save you some money, but i'm not going to go out and just buy a new psu because of this even though i could actually see it being useful in my current case.

most do but with how thick the cables are getting these days it's not a bad option.. though like even seasonic said when they first started showing this off last year is that it was for a nitche market for people that do double sided tempered glass panel cases. i can see the advantages though especially if you're doing custom cables not having to get full length ones can save you some money, but i'm not going to go out and just buy a new psu because of this even though i could actually see it being useful in my current case.
of course not...this is more for future/new builds or replacing failed units...in that case if i could grab it for 150 or less. More than that it be a slow seller?

At least someone innovates. But I don't think I'd be willing to pay a premium for this solution over a regular modular psu. If I was doing a new build I'd try it, but case compatibility can be an issue, how do you know which cases work with it and which don't? Will seasonic test every possible case out there, or you buy the case before the psu and measure if it will fit? Too much hassle.

See, how quickly I convinced myself that I don't need it there?

At least someone innovates. But I don't think I'd be willing to pay a premium for this solution over a regular modular psu. If I was doing a new build I'd try it, but case compatibility can be an issue, how do you know which cases work with it and which don't? Will seasonic test every possible case out there, or you buy the case before the psu and measure if it will fit? Too much hassle.

See, how quickly I convinced myself that I don't need it there?
its not meant for people like you....in truth its perfect for a case like mine. No shroud to block the cable management, just enough room on back side for the power distribution module. Its most certainly not of much advantage for every type case, but on cases like mine it be pretty sweet. :)

Back