Seasonic: Hard to find!

c3k

2[H]4U
Folks,

I'm a fan of Seasonic's power supplies. They've always done very well for me. I'm looking to do a new build with a 750w fully-modular ATX power supply. The GX750 series would do it...but the only ones I can find are north of $300. That's a bit extreme.

If I cannot find a reasonably priced PSU from Seasonic, I'll go with a Corsair 750RX. (<-- I may have mis-remembered their nomenclature.)

Any hints where I can find a Seasonic these days?

Thanks,
Ken

Folks,

I'm a fan of Seasonic's power supplies. They've always done very well for me. I'm looking to do a new build with a 750w fully-modular ATX power supply. The GX750 series would do it...but the only ones I can find are north of $300. That's a bit extreme.

If I cannot find a reasonably priced PSU from Seasonic, I'll go with a Corsair 750RX. (<-- I may have mis-remembered their nomenclature.)

Thanks,
Ken
It seems like if you keep an eye on Amazon, Newegg, etc. they occasionally come back in stock, but good power supplies have been hard to find at non inflated prices for awhile. I ended up getting the semi modular Seasonic since it was easier to find. There are occasional new ones on eBay as well and supposedly lightly used ones too. Best of luck to you!

Reactions: c3k
like this
Amazon has been pretty decent about "pre-ordering" PSU's when they have an idea when they'll be in stock. I got a Corsair SFX PSU at regular retail price (non-mark up).

like this
While I'm also a fan of seasonic. Super flower has made its way over here to the US and their units are great.

I was able to grab an 850 prime titanium last year. Newegg has a few others in stock now. But the supply is definitely less than it used to be. Blame covid.

I just ordered a couple from Amazon and they shipped on the advertised date. Here is a deal I think is a good value, at least during these times.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
like this
I wanted a 1000 watt seasonic and could not find one so i went with my trusty Evga 1000 watt T2 this will be the 2nd one i have gotten and the first one runs like a champ

If only they had a website..............

If only I had KNOWN they had a website.........before I ordered a different brand from a different website.

But, now I do. Their Seasonic offerings would've worked (a Focus series instead of their GX series). Instead, I've got a Corsair RM750x from Newegg coming my way. I ordered it on Monday. Living in NC, my nearest Microcenters are either Virginia or Georgia.

It seems like Seasonic still didn't eliminate coil whine on their S12 models.

10 years ago I bought a S12II 520 that had coil whine. 5 years ago I bought a S12G 550 that had coil whine (which also failed and I had to RMA). I'm looking at reviews of their new S12III and people are complaining about coil whine.

I want fully modular so interested in the Focus series this time, but I am no longer sure I should go with Seasonic.

If only I had KNOWN they had a website.........before I ordered a different brand from a different website.

But, now I do. Their Seasonic offerings would've worked (a Focus series instead of their GX series). Instead, I've got a Corsair RM750x from Newegg coming my way. I ordered it on Monday. Living in NC, my nearest Microcenters are either Virginia or Georgia.
Corsair RMx is top tier, you're not losing anything over Seasonic.

like this
just keep checking Amazon/Newegg every day...they come in and out of stock...I bought 2 PSU's from Amazon over the past 2 months...first the Corsair RM750x...after Ampere was announced/released I returned it with a few days left in the return window...waited another week and bought the Corsair RM850x

I made a post about a power supply about a week ago, ordered a Seasonic that afternoon, and it's shipping Monday. Not in-stock at the moment of order, but not much of a wait.

//Certainly easier than the 3080 craziness that's driving me nuts. The Vision was my preferred card, and I was mere minutes too late to get it, which might as well be an eternity compared to availability at this point.

I dunno. Still waiting on my PSU from July.

20201011_091826.jpg

I have a lightly used non modular PC Power and cooling 750 silencer (Quad Model) that I have had on the shelf forwever. I used it when trouble shooting motherboards on the bench. PM me and I will cut you deal since your in a jam. (Epecialy if your in Connecticut and I do not have to ship it.)

Folks,

Thanks,
Ken

Phanteks AMP Series 750W 80PLUS Gold​

$114 at Amazon right now. This is basically a Seasonic GX.

has the higher end Corsair models (RMx series) on par with the best Seasonic models?

If you want a Seasonic they've gotten a good bit easier to get since this thread was started. I bought a Prime TX-1000 a few weeks ago from Newegg. At that point all they had was that, Prime TX-750, and a couple of others. One was an expensive fanless model and another was a "Connect" model. Now they've got a couple dozen models in stock, though the one I bought is now out of stock.

Due to availability, I went with a Corsair RM750x.

Glad to see some Seasonics showing up as being available.

bhphotovideo usually have them in and out of stock all the time at reasonable prices. I got mine there a few months ago.

Back