Seasonic FOCUS PLUS Gold & Platinum 750W Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Seasonic FOCUS PLUS Gold & Platinum 750W Review

We are pulling double duty today in this PSU review as we are putting both the Seasonic Focus GOLD and Platinum 750 watt computer power supplies through our testing gauntlet. Given that Seasonic is holding the top rung in the PSU industry, let's compare Seasonic to Seasonic and look at the value.

Dam those are some REAL nice units! Seasonic never ceases to amaze me (y)

The FOCUS+ Gold 750 watt power supplies meet the latest ATX and EPS standards and are ready to be sued with any of the state-of-the-art Intel Core i7 Processors

Might want to change the sued to used....

Kid

Dam those are some REAL nice units! Seasonic never ceases to amaze me (y)

yeah i have the 650w version and love it.. in hybrid mode the fan stays off most of the time but i'm barely even breaking 50% load on it anyways. the one thing that caught be off guard though was just how small the psu was.. the pictures don't do it justice showing it's size unless you put it next to a standard size psu.

I'd be more impressed if they had not moved to one of those fancy-name SLEEVE BEARING fans in the Focus and Prime lines - I refuse to put up with that junk, had way too many die way too fast to trust them.
Seasonic USED to be my go-to power supply maker with the X-series - but no longer.

I was between the Corsair TX550M for $40 AR on newegg and the Seasonic Focus 550w. Found a deal on amazon with my amex card that made the Focus $30AR+ tax on 50, so $33AR and grabbed it. Dont think I will be dissappointed

Have a Seasonic FOCUS Plus Gold coming my way from the Egg, $79 after $10 rebate. Every desktop I have will have a HardOCP passed power supply in it :), none have failed yet as a note. It will be used in a Ryzen 1700x/Biostar mobo (2nd system, HTPC). The power supply in it is over 10 years old and a off brand that does not exist anymore - I don't need to take any chances.

Once again a great review and these are probably the most important type reviews as well.

Back