Searching for a video player (wmv and DVD)

camay123

[H]ard|Gawd
Im looking for a video player wich support WVM as a minimum and maybe DVD.

There is alot out there, but the one im looking must do this trick :

Play in full screen on a TV hook up to a PCI video card with Tv-out and have is control box (Play/stop/next etc...) able to display on the main VGA monitor.

THe reason im looking for this software, is that we use Windows Media Player right now, but the TV is at around 30 feet and when Windows media player is running in full screen the control on the TV are to small to see from such a distance.

Any idea ?

Found my solution. Still use WMP, but installed a new multimedia microsoft keyboard.

All of the video control are on the keyboard.

One more problem, WMP keep switching back out of full screen when I work on the desktop vga monitor.

Any idea ?

If I am understanding correctly here, WMP drops out of full-mode (to the TV) when you want to do something on the monitor.

This may be way off base here, but I thought that was a limitation of windows multi-monitor support. You can't run a full-screen app on one monitor (i.e. a movie or a game) and be able to do something on the other monitor. To get around this, you have to run the movie or the game in windowed mode.

This was last I knew. Things may have advanced far enough now that it might not be this way.

Video LAN Client + Matroska Codec pack will allow you to play just about anything you want.

arkamw said:
If I am understanding correctly here, WMP drops out of full-mode (to the TV) when you want to do something on the monitor.

This may be way off base here, but I thought that was a limitation of windows multi-monitor support. You can't run a full-screen app on one monitor (i.e. a movie or a game) and be able to do something on the other monitor. To get around this, you have to run the movie or the game in windowed mode.

This was last I knew. Things may have advanced far enough now that it might not be this way.

Maybe you are right. But I am able to do full screen on a monitor and im able to work on another. But sometimes WMP drops out of full-mode.

Daishiknyte said:
Video LAN Client + Matroska Codec pack will allow you to play just about anything you want.

Care to explain more in details ?

Back