SeaHawk X: Fan profile? (and configuration)

gsilver

Gawd
Hi. I recently made an NCase M1 build using a Seahawk X with an MSI Sea Hawk X GTX 1070 video card, and I'm wondering how to handle the fan profile for the video card. My goal is for it to be as quiet as possible but still be safe.

The thing with the Seak Hawk X is that it comes with a relatively noisy radiator fan. I've replaced it with a PWM fan, but the problem there is, how to properly handle the fan profile.

The SeaHawk X does not have any user-accessible fan headers for the radiator, so the radiator fan speed will be de-coupled from the temperature of the video card.

My motherboard only has two fan headers, and is currently in the following configuration:
CPU fan header: 2 CPU fans + GPU radiator fan
CHA fan header: 3 chassis fans (two below videocard for intake, one for exhaust)

I'm noticing that the GPU temperature is a good 10 degrees over the CPU temperature during gaming, and the hotter the GPU gets, the higher the noisy (relative to the radiator fan) fan on the video card itself goes.

Any tips for optimizing this?
I could probably try a bit more of an aggressive fan profile and use LNAs on the CPU fan (to increase the radiator fan speed relative to the CPU fan speed). Any other suggestions?

Back