seagates questionable 1tb 7200.11 drive...

omegatotal

Gawd
i was looking into getting one of these drives, but after seeing how much failures are reported in the reviews on neweggs site i am second guessing that.. :eek:

my question is do any of you that have had one of these drives fail, still have the serial number from your RMA paperwork?

going to try and figure out which plant is making the worst quality drive.. :confused:

One thing to keep in mind is that people are more likely to post a review if they have a bad experience. Out of the dozen of those that I have in my file server at the moment, I have yet to have one of them go out.

yeah
*crosses fingers* i have never had a WD or Seagate drive fail that i purchased new, even 1/2 of the WD drives i own are second hand and are still chugging along well past the 5 yr mark...

but after seeing all that i have see about this st31000340(xx) drive's failure rate im not sure if i want one, cause i would be beyond pissed if it failed

i have 20 of them in my file server, been running 3-4 months so far without any failures

Back