Seagate STDN100 4-Bay Rackmount NAS mount Problem

I purchased a Seagate STDN100 Diskless System Business Storage 4-Bay Rackmount NAS from Newegg, but it didn't include rails to rackmount it. I original purchased Seagate STDP401 rails, but they don't work with the STDN100 and are meant for the STDP12000100 or STDP24000100 Business Storage-Nas. When I contacted Seagate for help with finding the right rails to rackmount this NAS they told me I just need standard 1U rails. After looking around I thought Cyberpowers 1U rails were that perfect match and were exactly what I needed, but the holes were not threaded and the spring thrumb screws in the NAS are not long enough to go all the through to thread into a nut considering the hole in the rails are not prethreaded.

The picture are as follows.

This the front of the rail show the two front screws holding the rail with square washers:

This the front of the STDN100 showing the spring loaded screw:

This is the other side of the front rail showing the nuts holding the standard 1U Cyberpower rails in place:

Now that you have an idea of what my problem is can anyone help me solve it or give some good advise on where to find better rails that actually have threaded holes?

My Dad and I figured it out because we drilled out the permantly attached active panel screws and just put screws from the UPS or Server rack in through to the M5 cage nuts and tah dah it was finally mounted successfully without anymore hassle with getting rails that would work with the original situation. Basically the cage nuts were placed on the inside of the rack front holes and the rail lip was placed over the front of the rack front for this to work. I don't believe I used square washer, but I'll check if anyone wants to know. M5 cage nuts and M5 compatible screws were used for all holes. Stay tuned because I may post pictures of this.

Back