Seagate ST4000DM000 or Hgst 0S03665 (no raid)?

Hi, I need some HD for storage, I don’t use RAID, but I use a backplane Norco SS500, my main concerns are reliability and saving, sometimes I back up every one of my drive to external ones. Now I can get some of these 4TB (all with 2y warranty):

Seagate ST4000DM000 for 127€ (I have already 8 of them, no problem so far)
Seagate ST4000VX000 for 142€ (surveillance series, not sure about it)
Seagate ST4000VM000 for 142€ (pipeline hd video, not sure about it)
Hgst 0S03665 for 146€ (I read backblaze forum about how good old Hitachis were and the few reviews on newegg, but these ones are from Toshiba, furthermore they are for NAS and I don’t use raid, they run very hot too and they are a little more expensive than ST4000DM000)
Western Digital WD40EFRX 147€ (red serie, they run cool, but they are for NAS and doesn’t seem to me reliable as the Hgst)

Which one do you suggest? I am thinking to ST4000DM000 or Hgst 0S03665

Thank you and best regards

I'm also interested in the two in your title at similar prices (order in Germany for France), so I'll add that you get one year more warranty with HGST. For me it would be in RAIDZ, but if they run hot I'm not sure I want them.

I have 2 of the ST4000VN000 drives.

They run cool, and I am very impressed with performance. I recommend these..

I'm also interested in the two in your title at similar prices (order in Germany for France), so I'll add that you get one year more warranty with HGST. For me it would be in RAIDZ, but if they run hot I'm not sure I want them.
hi, in Italy they all have 2 years warranty

I have 2 of the ST4000VN000 drives.

They run cool, and I am very impressed with performance. I recommend these..

even my old ST4000DM000 seems ok, when the ones are better than the other?

regards

I can go on with nas drives even if I don't use raid? no problems with tler (I read even on this forum differrent advises about it)?

I recently picked up a pair of the HGST 0S03660 (3GB version) and have been impressed with their performance. No benchmarks to speak of other than copying my existing files over from some smaller drives, but they are much faster than the drives they are replacing; a pair of WD Black 750GB drives (7200RPm, 64 MB cache).

The HGST are 7200 RPM so may run a little warmer than the SG which i believe is 5900 RPM. I have not noticed any unusually warm temps compared to the other drives in my system but my FT-02 does a good job cooling the drive bays (all 5 are populated). I use Open Hardware monitor for reporting, so YMMV.

I use them in a non raid configuration to store all my files, photos, vids, etc.

hi, in Italy they all have 2 years warranty

even my old ST4000DM000 seems ok, when the ones are better than the other?

regards

2 years is the legal warranty shops must offer in the EU, but the manufacturer's warranty is from 1 to 5 years depending on model. Desktop Seagate/WD are 2 years, higher end can be 3 or 5. For the Hitachi 0S03665 it's 3 years.

Back