Seagate Barracuda Green 2 TB Internal Hard Drive $69.99

I wouldn't touch seagate if my life depended on it. 6 rmas in the last 2 years with my 1.5tb and 4 rmas with my 500gig drives. I have mostly migrated all to sammy f4 2tb drives.

haven't had seagate for quite a few years, last i bought was about 7-8 year ago for 160gb sata's haven't had any problems as one of them is running 24/7 for over a year now and another one has OS installed about 50-60 times. though thinking of getting their external 3TB as many have mentioned they are 7.2kRPM which is great, though noise lvl worries me.

i have several 7200.10, 7200.11 and 7200.12 drives and none of them have failed on me.. crazy eh? I have heard the nightmare stories. The 1.5 TB 7200.12 green drive I have had about 9 months has not given me any issues.

Never again will I buy another Seagate drive. All of the 1.5TB drives I had from them (6 separate drives) failed on me within the first 6 months. I've never experienced a HDD failure from any other drive maker in my 20 years of messing around with computers.

Not a bad deal. To bad I'm losing faith in Seagate.

Too bad I'm losing faith in "green" drives. After 10+ years, I've come to the conclusion that they are generally only good as [insert: annoying] secondary drives. Not bad as just a storage drive (I've only had them fail on me after several years, all in raid 0 arrays), but there's never been a time that I've been glad they were "green" drives and more than a few that I wish the rpm was simply higher.

That said, I'll probably be needing one for cheap storage.

i have several 7200.10, 7200.11 and 7200.12 drives and none of them have failed on me.. crazy eh? I have heard the nightmare stories. The 1.5 TB 7200.12 green drive I have had about 9 months has not given me any issues.

I am in the same camp... No problems for me. I guess we are lucky. And I guess I am crazy since my preference is towards Seagate! ;)

Too bad I'm losing faith in "green" drives. After 10+ years, I've come to the conclusion that they are generally only good as [insert: annoying] secondary drives. Not bad as just a storage drive (I've only had them fail on me after several years, all in raid 0 arrays), but there's never been a time that I've been glad they were "green" drives and more than a few that I wish the rpm was simply higher.

That said, I'll probably be needing one for cheap storage.

Eh? Most [H]'ers here won't use or suggest a green drive for anything but a storage drive.

Back