Seagate 73GB 15K RPM Cheetah $373.10, 35% off all stock

Not a good deal.

Bason computer has 73GB 15krpm drives (fujitsu & cheetah) for less (329/349)
and have a higher reseller rating than motherboards.com

Rob

I don't know about the fujitsu... http://www.basoncomputer.com/FJMAS3735NP/item.aspx $329, 1 year warranty

I really hate fujitsu hard drives. i vowed never to buy those again after the company I worked for had an unbelieveable failure rate on them (70% came back, no lie). Notice the 1yr warranty on an enterprise class drive? That should be a big warning. Seagate offers 5 years. Plus Bason is OOS on the Cheetah 15K 73GB drive.

Since motherboards.com has the cheapest price now and an abysimal reseller rating (2.50 6 month), I guess i'd rather go without a 15K hard drive. :p

i looked around the site a bit, for a company running a "going out of business sale" the rest of their product selection wasnot very good, all low end stuff, for prices I wouldnot even consider a warm deal.

the 30% price isn't listed until you add items to your cart. try that and you'll notice the huge difference in price.

edit: btw, that is a KILLER price (after the 30% is taken off) for a new generation seagate 15k drive, especially the 70+ gig version. too bad i don't have a fibre channel card.

You have to think like a consumer.

Seing the expensive price then seing 30% off does nothing.

Show the low price at the beginning and you will have more people buying.

Back