Seagate 7200.11 1TB @ $124.99 ZZF ! $0.125 per gig

Gaiden133

[H] Ninja
Note: not free shipping, but shipping to me was $7.40 for ground. I bit two, so total was $257.38 for 2TB so $0.128 per gig. No tax either which makes it hotter than the previous HD deal. Plus, this is also a Seagate 7200.11 drive.

Barracuda 7200.11 SATA 3Gb/s NCQ 1TB 32MB Cache Hard Drive - ST31000340AS

Combining proven components, state-of-the-art technology and expertise in volume manufacturing, the Seagate® Barracuda® 7200.11 drive—the 11th generation of this award-winning desktop hard drive family—delivers 1 TB of high-performing, eco-friendly digital storage. Designed with industry-leading acoustics and power levels, and award-winning Seagate PMR technology, the Barracuda 7200.11 drive offers the ideal combination of world-class technology and lowest total cost of ownership.

Key Advantages

• Delivers 1-TB capacity
• Ships with the industry's most reliable and proven perpendicular magnetic recording technology
• Delivers high performance
o 105 MB/s sustained data rate
o 32-MB cache buffer
• Environmentally friendly
o Idles at only 8.0 watts, enabling customers to build low-power systems
o Meets strict RoHS environmental requirements
• Leverages best combination of technology (areal density, PMR) and proven components for volume availability
• Ships with an industry-best 5-year limited warranty

Best-Fit Applications
• Gamer PCs
• High-End PCs
• Mainstream PCs
• Workstations
• Desktop RAID 1 or 0 systems (<3 drives in one system)
• USB/FireWire/eSATA personal external storage

For those of you having trouble removing the jumper from these drives to put them in SATAII mode try taking a needle and bending the tip of it, then coming in from the side kinda pick it out towards the the back of the drive. I destroyed the jumpers picking at them with the smallest flatheat I have for eye glass repair, its just too large to do a decent job. A bend needle is small enough to get the POS out of there. Who the hell desiged these jumpers! Pretty ridiculous....

I got mine a couple days ago. I installed and started copying immediately. The files just finished verifying last night. Really nice disks. Fast as hell.

Excellent packing from ZZF. They were inside those special foam disk boxes. The foams were secured by air bags.

Thanks OP!

ZZF definately has the packaging down. Now if only Newegg would take some lessons from them (haven't had any problems yet, but I've only ordered from Newegg when the deal is worth possibly RMA'ing with the maker).

Now if the 1.5TB's show up some more I'll jump on those because at the current pricing they aren't much more than this. CDW has them listed at $200 but OOS

For those of you having trouble removing the jumper from these drives to put them in SATAII mode try taking a needle and bending the tip of it, then coming in from the side kinda pick it out towards the the back of the drive. I destroyed the jumpers picking at them with the smallest flatheat I have for eye glass repair, its just too large to do a decent job. A bend needle is small enough to get the POS out of there. Who the hell desiged these jumpers! Pretty ridiculous....

Try a pair of fine needle-nosed pliers. Small ones!

Shipping makes it the same deal as a few days back -- except it got my attention again :p

Try a pair of fine needle-nosed pliers. Small ones!

They are still too large, a needle barley fits...If you get the drive you will know what I am talking about.

What's the point of the jumper? Older 1.5 mobo's ?
Yea so it can be recognized by more MB's. It would have been nice if they used a regular sized jumper, or at least one with the little indentation on it so you could grab it with something. It won't make much difference removing it, but hell if I'm payiung for 32 megs cache it might as well access it as fast as possible.

i bit, had to get a second one to go with the one i got a few weeks ago, and to put into my dual bay external usb drive

i bit, had to get a second one to go with the one i got a few weeks ago, and to put into my dual bay external usb drive

I always wondered about putting an uber fast hard drive to a USB enclosure. Aren't you going to be limited by the USB speed? Unless you have an eSATA port on that enclosure. But I like the enclosures that have automatic turn off function like Buffalo. But their auto off models only come in USB/firewire 400

I always wondered about putting an uber fast hard drive to a USB enclosure. Aren't you going to be limited by the USB speed? Unless you have an eSATA port on that enclosure. But I like the enclosures that have automatic turn off function like Buffalo. But their auto off models only come in USB/firewire 400

The real problem is that USB uses CPU cycles to do the job. Firewire uses its own processing = gooder.

besides it is just media storage, it isnt like i will be missing thos few cycles or if was trying to play a game from it, just videos, and with usb 2.0 it is well fast enough, i have been using usb drives for video storage for 2 years now, and they play from the USB just as fast as from the install drive, might take a second or two more to get started, but after that there is no hesitation or skipping, it is smooth:)

How reliable are these drives? I've been scared to buy anything Seagate recently after my it friend told me to stay away from them.

I wouldn't sweat it. The price has been slowly going down and it just dropped $1 from what it was all last week, so I wouldn't expect it to jump back up any time soon.

I agree. With the 1.5 TB HDDs out at a competitive price (~$190), that will keep the 1 TB prices down and will continue to push them down. :cool:

dam very tempting but black friday is almost here argg!

Frys had the 500gig seagates for $50 OTD last year...Hope they have some good tb drives this year

Back