Seagate 500GB Barracuda 7200 $200 AR

CopyCat

Supreme [H]ardness
Outpost.com has the Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 SATA 500GB for $200 after $40 dollar rebate.

Link - http://shop4.outpost.com/product/4697788
Rebate Link - http://image.ak.outpost.com/art/rebates_pdf/4697788-032406.pdf

**Avg. Froogle Price = $330+

Capacity: 500.0 GB
Speed: 7200 rpm
Average Seek Time: 8.2 ms
Cylinders: 16383
Heads: 16
Sectors: 63
----------------------------
From the Seagate Website

The Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 with SATA 3Gb/s and Native Command Queuing(NCQ)adheres to the SATA 2.5 rev. specification and is the industry's most comprehensive family of 3.5-inch drives, providing leading technology targeted at SATA servers, mainstream and high-performance PCs/workstations, PC gaming systems and media PCs. Backed by an industry-leading unprecedented five-year warranty.

t.gif
Features
clear.gif
Benefits
t.gif
SATA 3Gb/s with NCQ
Higher through-put and supports Intel Hyper-Threading for increased performance of SATA servers and workstations supporting intensive applications. NCQ also increases reliability in heavy workloads significantly reducing the drive's mechanical wear.
16 MB Cache
Provides the highest performance with increased data bursting through the interface
2.8 bels idle, 3.2 bels seek acoustics
Super-quiet drive is almost inaudible. Difference between idle and seek can hardly be detected by human ear, making drive operation almost silent.
3-D Defense System
Industry's most comprehensive drive and data protection system
7,200 RPM
Higher performance and data through-put
63 Gs operating shock
Robust product for challenging applications
350 Gs non-operating shock
Top reliability and durability during shipment and integration
RoHS Compliant
Meets or exceeds all current and proposed environmental standards and legislation
clear.gif

Distinctions

• Best-in-class operating and non-operating shock for excellent reliability
  • Industry's leading combination of capacity, performance and reliability
  • Best-in-class idle and seek acoustics for quiet operation
  • Best-in-class SATA feature set enables advanced platform applications
  • Broadest portfolio of drives - one qualification covers all integrations requirements

DAMMIT
Getting a hard drive bigger than 300gb for $0.40 per GB is a good deal.

But, getting it for $0.48 (now that the MIR is dead) is starting to get a little less hot. Nice find OP, but I missed it :(

I think I'm gonna ask monarch guy for a rebate on big HDDs for his rebate madness sale :)

ahh shit....
I just spend like $250 yesteray on stuff, but I need 2 of these for my home network :D

now the the rebate is gone, I am going to pass and wait.... it's not critical needing these yet...

thanks for the post though :)

Now THIS is how you post a deal! Notice all the information, beautiful, I don't have to do any research myself.

Thanks for the great post!!

Back