Seagate 400GB PATA ST3400632A-RK @99.99 shipped

\me waits for someone to say. "to bad its not sata" :rolleyes:

btw its a good deal, I might get 2 for a server

The MIR is valid even with this sale price right? Gonna have to pick one of these bad boys up, thanks!

Rob Black said:
\me waits for someone to say. "to bad its not sata" :rolleyes:

btw its a good deal, I might get 2 for a server

too bad its not sata

i need sata... not an option... i NEED it.

My bad they just changed the price today. If you look closely it now says REGULAR PRICE:$189.99 our price $209.99, wow what a deal outpost!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Shmuckety said:
My bad they just changed the price today. If you look closely it now says REGULAR PRICE:$189.99 our price $209.99, wow what a deal outpost!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

lmfao.

Here is the SATA version for $109.99 shipped. If you use the coupon, you can get it for $83.99 after rebate.

Yeah, I'd go with the sata drive, even if a controller card is needed. $10 more (9 after rebate) for all the benefits of SATA can't be beat.

In for one of the PATA models for my external enclosure. This will save my cam-corder stuff real nice. Too bad they're out of the SATA, I'd take one of those, too.

what difference with pata and sata i know sata is quicker and sata has a smaller cable can you use a smaller cable for Pata?

ones got a P in from of it and the other an S :p
Sorry

Isnt PATA still hooked up by an IDE cable?

johnjohn said:
what difference with pata and sata i know sata is quicker and sata has a smaller cable can you use a smaller cable for Pata?
PATA still only accepts IDE unless you buy an IDE/SATA converter. The converter will slow read/write speeds down so it's not worth it unless you have no IDE slots left on your mobo.

Ordered on Friday, got an e-mail this morning stating OUT OF STOCK!!! Fuck outpost. They do this everytime they have something on sale.

Thinking of hoping on this, though on slickdeals I saw a post about costco having 400GB drives for $100 and included sata card. I gotta head up there anyways so Ill definatly check that out...if not Ima hop on this...I wanna store me some tv shows and movies.

Ordered mine on Friday, got it yesterday, it's going in my USB/Firewire enclosure this morning.

SlooowJ said:
Ordered mine on Friday, got it yesterday, it's going in my USB/Firewire enclosure this morning.

Man I ordered mine Sat, and they emailed me letting me know it is backordered :(

SlooowJ said:

got mine yesterday as well
what enclosure did you get ?

Kil4Thril said:
Ordered on Friday, got an e-mail this morning stating OUT OF STOCK!!! Fuck outpost. They do this everytime they have something on sale.
heh I too ordered on Friday and what do I get in my email today?
Thank you for your order! We apologize but the item(s) you ordered is currently out of stock and we are unable to provide a definite ship date at this time. However, we continually receive new merchandise in our warehouse and we hope to fulfill your
order within the next thirty days or sooner if possible.

At this time, your order is still pending and will ship as soon as the item(s) is in stock. Your order number is .

If you would prefer to cancel, change, or check the status of your order, you may do so at anytime prior to shipment by calling customer service at 1-877-OUTPOST, (International customers may call +1-408-350-1484) or e-mail us at [email protected]. If you choose to cancel your order we will provide a full and prompt refund of any charges which you may have incurred for unshipped items.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you for choosing Fry's Outpost.com.

Sincerely,

Fry's Outpost.com
Customer Service

Cold Dark Shadow said:
i clikced the link the OP posted and it still shows it at $99
Yeah after I typed that response I tried it and the link still works, but if you search for 400GB PATA or SEAGATE 400GB you get no hits.

Anway, trying going through the checkout and see if you can still buy it, good luck.

I you get it Oct 10th you can still send in for the rebate, as long as you buy it by sept. 30

Mine is backordered too :( well see what happens. pretty good deal rebate or no rebate.

Just got a NEW e-mail stating the thing has shipped! I wish they would make up my mind. Oh, well. I do still need the space for my wife's home movie collection.

morpheus6d9 said:
got mine yesterday as well
what enclosure did you get ?

I had a Macally PHR-100AC with a 160GB drive. I don't recommend it. The power supply isn't beefy enough for the 400GB. They're going to send me a new one (they went to a bigger one after I bought mine), but they're really slow at e-mail response and I figure it's going to take another week at least.

Thanks for shopping at Fry's Outpost.com! We are pleased to tell you that we shipped the items listed below. We suggest you save this e-mail in case you have any questions about your order.
Can't wait, should have my free xbox on Saturday

Sorry to bump this up, but much like the guys over in the SATA thread mine is also the newer 7200.10 drive.

Back