Seagate 300GB SATA $85 shipped OUTPOST

nice deal on 7200.9

don't know if i should jump the gun >_<

eh... i'd rather pay 5-10 more bucks for 7200.10

NeoGohan said:
eh... i'd rather pay 5-10 more bucks for 7200.10

I can understand if this is going in as your primary drive, but If it is a data drive, who cares?

well, i mean i wouldnt mind paying the extra money for better performance & 20GB more, ya know?

This is a good deal regardless but we do have a faster, larger, Seagate for only $10 more thread, just a page away.

Sure, But that is an OEM drive, and is from Newegg, who hasn't learned how to ship drives safely yet. This is nice for me because it matches the other drives I already have in my array.

Damn..that would be great if I didn't have a Fry's Electronics in my state. :( (sales tax)

joemama said:
Damn..that would be great if I didn't have a Fry's Electronics in my state. :( (sales tax)

It's the only reason I don't bite. Fry's in both states I have address in. :(

I just ordered the 320GB version from Newegg. The drive offers free shipping, and I need another sata cable, which added $4.99 shipping. I pursuaded the chat representative to give me free shipping on the cable.

At first, she said no, as they have different warehouses. Then I stated "Yes, I know you have another warehouse, as I was a customer when there was only one" and "Seems inefficient to ship a little cable in a different box than the hard drive"

she didn't bend, so I said "I've had better experiences with Newegg in the past, I'm disappointed"

Then a few minutes pause, and she said she would make a one time exception.

J Macker said:
she didn't bend, so I said "I've had better experiences with Newegg in the past, I'm disappointed"

Then a few minutes pause, and she said she would make a one time exception.

hahaha. that's so f**ed up. XD

NeoGohan said:
hahaha. that's so f**ed up. XD

It's true though! Had to do an RMA, painless, another time UPS damaged a NEC DVD burner, and newegg shipped another without hesitation, and didn't even have me ship the old one back, but told me to hang onto it for a while to see if UPS comes to pick it up.

Another time, they rushed out the tube of Arctic Silver paste when it wasn't in the box with the rest of my order.

And another time they refunded the $48 shipping when UPS took 8 days instead of 3.

yeah but thats cuz they owed it to you cuz they screwed up lol. About the sata cable, you requested them to do something nice lol. They didnt screw up that time :p

yea.. that sux..

I love Newegg.. I buy just about everything else from them, but not HD's.

Back