Seagate 160GB $9.99 after MIR, Bestbuy $79.99 upfront! Expires 10-8-05

Viper16

[H]ard|Gawd
Seagate Ultra ATA/100 7200RPM 8MB Cache 3.5'' 160GB Retail, from Best Buy, $9.99 after the $70 mail in rebate. Up front cost, $79.99 price.

Just walk in!!!Great deal, they are going fast!! :D luckily I got one!!!

I was going to do this online (even though it's $109.99)... but after $6.50 shipping AND $6.99 tax... I bailed.

Is the price normally $109.99 online? But cheaper in the store? If so, I'll jump on it (right after I move a couch that is...:( )

are you for real? the people at my best buy pretty much don't welcome us anymore ever since the pdf fiasco

ziddey said:
are you for real? the people at my best buy pretty much don't welcome us anymore ever since the pdf fiasco

us??? us??? you mean you:p

pretty tempting!!!! seagate rebates are very fast

Bah, it's not national. I went to BB (LA County) and it rings up for $109.99 at the register.

I hope you don't have to drive far to be disappointed. I only had to go 2 blocks. :p

irgins said:
seagate rebates are very fast
One rebate is a seagate rebate ($40), one rebate is a best buy rebate ($30). Best Buy rebates are pretty slow, close to 3 months.

59.99 at my BB with $40 rebate, theyre getting a lot more in tomorrow night so im going then :)

The price here in Ok, was $79.99....I dont normally shop at bestbuy, but I went to compusa to get a G5 (I would've bought it from egg, but I wanted it NOW!!!!) they didn't have it, so I went to BB and about pooped my pants when I saw it. I talked to one of the employees there and asked how long it took to get the money back, and he said his friends who bought one usually got them back in two weeks so I dont know about the turnaround....but I do know two things....I got a 160gb drive for $10 and I absolutely LOVE my G5 :D

In Sacramento...they're 109.99 w/ $70 in rebates (plural) so I passed on it.

bah, rang up as $109. taking it back tomorrow. I decided I don't need another 160gb that badly. I asked them about the $79 deal and they gave me the deer in the headlight look...followed by "we've never heard of that" bullcrap.

I hate our BB anyway...nothing but retards work there. I sent a person from work to walmart of all places to get a dvd-rom (she needed it right away) for $29. She called BB to see if they had one cheaper and they said "whoever told you that you can get a dvd drive for $30 is crazy". So after work we showed up there at the BB with the drive and receipt and asked for the salesperson and his manager...showed the proof, and enjoyed the dumbfounded look on their faces.

in last Sunday's advertisement, the ST3160023A-RK ultra ata hard drive (not serial ata)
was listed for $59.99 and the rebate was not listed. It does print out at the store tho and is good until 10/8. Rebate is for $40. This is in the Nashville, TN market. FYI: all the stores will show them to not be in stock on line. You will have to go to the store. The Brentwood one had 6 left 10/2.
I got mine via a price match at Circuit City. (Used my $50 gift card I got a while back when the store opened - and they rang it up accidently at 53.99 - got it for $8 including tax...)

pxc said:
Best Buy rebates are pretty slow, close to 3 months.

I've gotten all of my BB rebates within a month. I'm gonna check the local stores tomorrow to see if this deal is going on.

Viper16 said:
The price here in Ok, was $79.99....I dont normally shop at bestbuy, but I went to compusa to get a G5 (I would've bought it from egg, but I wanted it NOW!!!!) they didn't have it, so I went to BB and about pooped my pants when I saw it. I talked to one of the employees there and asked how long it took to get the money back, and he said his friends who bought one usually got them back in two weeks so I dont know about the turnaround....but I do know two things....I got a 160gb drive for $10 and I absolutely LOVE my G5 :D

OKC, Tulsa, Norman...somewhere in bewteen?

Good deal, BTW. Gonna head straight over after my 9:30 tomorrow.

This is bad, you should put the whole detail before posting things like that.

There is no such deal at BestBuy make sure before you go, i hope you don;t have to drive to far for this mess. :mad:

in last Sunday's advertisement, the ST3160023A-RK ultra ata hard drive (not serial ata) was listed for $59.99 and the rebate was not listed.

I've got last Sunday's Best Buy ad from my local paper in front of me. On page 9, the ST3160023A-RK is "Reg. price $109.99 - $40 mail-in rebate - $30 mail-in rebate = $39.99" That's FAR from $59.99 with no rebates....

This "$79.99" price ($9.99 after MIR) must be a localized pricing glitch.

Awol

Awol said:
I've got last Sunday's Best Buy ad from my local paper in front of me. On page 9, the ST3160023A-RK is "Reg. price $109.99 - $40 mail-in rebate - $30 mail-in rebate = $39.99" That's FAR from $59.99 with no rebates....

This "$79.99" price ($9.99 after MIR) must be a localized pricing glitch.

Awol

In that case...

After digging into this a bit.. I think this is a test in some markets of the new BB policy to remove rebates. All BB markets seem to be offering the drive for 109 with either a 30 MIR from BB and a 40 MIR from seagate, or 109 with a 30 IR, (then you just grab the Segate MIR from BB.com).. From what I can tell .. the weekly add shows mostly smaller markets with the Instant Rebate and the larger markets with the 2 MIR's.

yohann said:
After digging into this a bit.. I think this is a test in some markets of the new BB policy to remove rebates. All BB markets seem to be offering the drive for 109 with either a 30 MIR from BB and a 40 MIR from seagate, or 109 with a 30 IR, (then you just grab the Segate MIR from BB.com).. From what I can tell .. the weekly add shows mostly smaller markets with the Instant Rebate and the larger markets with the 2 MIR's.

Whatever that means.

I went to BB today and picked up 2 drives (one for a friend) and received two rebates from Seagate, one for $30 and the other for $40 (4 total, 2 per drive).

I went to BB on 71st in Tulsa (were 2 left at about 12:30pm). One of my buddies went to the Yale location and picked up one and said there were about five left.

Call it on and ask them to hold one for a few hours if you can.

I went to a Best Buy here in Miami and there were plenty of the drives available ... probably because they were going for $129.99 with no mention of rebates. Maybe it's the effect of hurricanes on shipping? =/

whats Ultra ATA? right now i have SATA and its really quite quiet, i would hate to get a UATA and find out its noisy? any help? are UATA's loud?

etch said:
whats Ultra ATA? right now i have SATA and its really quite quiet, i would hate to get a UATA and find out its noisy? any help? are UATA's loud?

No they are basically the same except it is a EIDE...the same connector as dvdrom drives. They are just as quiet as a SATA

nst6563 said:
bah, rang up as $109. taking it back tomorrow. I decided I don't need another 160gb that badly. I asked them about the $79 deal and they gave me the deer in the headlight look...followed by "we've never heard of that" bullcrap.

I hate our BB anyway...nothing but retards work there. I sent a person from work to walmart of all places to get a dvd-rom (she needed it right away) for $29. She called BB to see if they had one cheaper and they said "whoever told you that you can get a dvd drive for $30 is crazy". So after work we showed up there at the BB with the drive and receipt and asked for the salesperson and his manager...showed the proof, and enjoyed the dumbfounded look on their faces.
You sure showed them.

$79.99 in Memphis TN before rebates. If I actually had a use for another HD I would probably bite.

Met-AL said:
You sure showed them.

yes, I did. and I enjoyed it.

sometimes you need to show people just how stupid they are so they can correct the problem and not look so stupid again.

Back