Seagate 1.5TB Hard Drive $103.99 Shipped w/15% CB at TigerDirect

MrMike

Supreme [H]ardness
Live.com
Search for Tiger Direct
Hit the Cash back link.

Pay with paypal.

If you buy more than one, the additionals are only going to be $101.99 since it's $2 shipping up to 35lbs.

Enjoy!

Dunno what to say man. Here's a screenshot of the 15%.

tdcashback.jpg

Funny I see it at $119 - $6 (5% live discount) = $113

Update: my bad,didnt see the details on how to get the 15%.

Props...Very Hot deal

Isnt this the drive with the drive that has the freezing problem with the current firmware?
Heard there is a fix coming for those who take a risk and wait it out

Funny I see it at $119 - $6 (5% live discount) = $113

Still a good price and hot deal but not $103.

Isnt this the drive with the drive that has the freezing problem with the current firmware?
Heard there is a fix coming for those who take a risk and wait it out

There already is a fix. It's been posted in both the hot deals discussion and data storage.

Can you guys a post a SS of where you're seeing 5%?

my bad, didnt know fix was out.
geze im in bad shape, i should shut up now:eek:

If you go to live and search for the drive itself tiger is listed as a vendor with a 5% discount

tiger.jpg

Ahhhh okay. That's what you guys were talking about. Yeah, you have to use live search as if you were going for the eBay cash back or the Circuit City cash back, but search for Tiger Direct.

wow thanks for looking out. This is a great deal for CA folks like me to avoid taxes (sorry Newegg)....and still get cash back too!

woot I bit, I've been eyeing this drive for a long time. And a month ago almost bit for $150, this price is AMAZING, its cheaper than most 1TB drives!!!!!!!!!

damn i'm about to get a raid card (1280ml). hopefully 2TB will be this cheap by the summertime when i will get about 15 drives :)

*cries* I just paid $99 + $5 shipping on a 1tb! (but you'll play hell finding ANY case that supports a 1.5tb, I spent a good hour to find one that supported 1tb, most stopped at 500gb)

*cries* I just paid $99 + $5 shipping on a 1tb! (but you'll play hell finding ANY case that supports a 1.5tb, I spent a good hour to find one that supported 1tb, most stopped at 500gb)

External enclosure? It really shouldn't matter. I've never had one NOT support a drive I put in.

External enclosure? It really shouldn't matter. I've never had one NOT support a drive I put in.

ReAlly? I kept finding "supports drives upto 500gb" so I steered clear of those (most much nicer than the one I ended up with)

crap I didn't know there would be an issue about a case supporting a drive. I know i've got some antec case where the hard drive rests on bumpers and is secured by a rubber band. I should be fine unless this is wider?

all that is marketing crap
if an external enclosure supports a 500GB drive, it will support a 1.5TB just fine
the only reason it says that is because 500GB was the biggest drive out when the product description was written
all you need is the right interface (SATA)
I mean think about it - the enclosure is just a box to hold the drive and convert SATA to USB
it doesn't know how big the drive is
only other issue would be heat, but most current drives are pretty cool running
I always recommend Apricorn EZ BUS enclosures, they keep the drive cool and work great

and surely you're not talking about an actual computer case "supporting" a drive? lol

Price on this thing just keeps dropping - I really need to resist buying a couple more...
I know what you mean
best thing is to wait until you actually are out of space
hard drive prices have been dropping steadily as long as I can remember

I know what you mean
best thing is to wait until you actually are out of space
hard drive prices have been dropping steadily as long as I can remember

oh c'mon, u mean one drive left of free space :D :p

at least thats my plan ;)

Sweet! I was looking to get a pair of high capacity drives soon for my NAS and looks like these will fit the bill nicely :D

in on this.

i was looking for hd sace this black friday, i dunno if theres gonna be any better deal than this..

but waiting 60 days for my 20 bux= bleh

Is this 15% only for the hard drive (which I just bought)? Just wondering because there's a video card I want, too. LOL

It's for everything as long as it's still active. The usual stuff applies: no CB on tax or shipping, and a max of $200 CB per order.

These the same drives having all sorts of issues?

that's what I've been reading.... reviews are typically Great/Bad of 50/50 ranging to 75/25, which is a little frightening, since 'proven' drives are usually 85%+ Great / <10% Bad.
Lots of people have been claiming a firmware fix helps, but so many reviews are recent (mid-late Nov.) that personally I still gotta sit tight until these stabilize a little bit

And I'm almost out of SATA ports :p

I had one with the problems but after the update, I've bought two more. I have no problems with using this drive myself now that the "bug" has been ironed out. The only thing is the access time isn't too great compared to the WD 640's, not that most users will see a difference in everyday use. I just short stroke the drive for the very small improvement it does give.

It's for everything as long as it's still active. The usual stuff applies: no CB on tax or shipping, and a max of $200 CB per order.

Yep. Just confirmed that. Just got an eVGA 512-P3-N976-AR Superclocked 9800 GT. It was $134.99 before the cashback, so it's close to the price other places had it for but less after cashback. :)

So if you apply the firmware upgrade you wont have any problems with these drives? They will deposit the cash back into your Paypal account? Anyone using these with the built in RAID controller for P5Q Pro motherboard?

So if you apply the firmware upgrade you wont have any problems with these drives? They will deposit the cash back into your Paypal account? Anyone using these with the built in RAID controller for P5Q Pro motherboard?

Is it possible the drives shipping now already have the upgrade?

I bit on 1. I clicked the cashback link from live.com and paid w/ paypal, but after that no confirmation on the cashback..yet. How long did the e-mail take from Live.com? This stuff always freaks me out cus I want that extra %15 and am never sure!

Back