Seagate 1.5TB 119.00 Dell EPP(expires 2/27)

geiger

Limp Gawd
Dell's EPP site has the 7200.11 1.5TB for 149.00 with $30 off instant(expires 2/27).

On orders over 129.00 they throw in 3 day free shipping.

YMMV but with a DPA/company buying power you may get an additional 7% off.

Dell EPP stands for Employee Purchase Program.. sounds like you have to work for a company that buys a ton of crap from dell.

http://ireland.dell.com/content/top...opics/epp/ie/en/faq?c=ie&cs=ieepp1&l=en&s=dhs

I vote that its NOT a hot deal personally.
ZZF has it for only a bit more and granted its not free shipping, but this purchase is very limited in who can get it.
ecstatic.gif
wave.gif

I've read that somewhere else but I didn't know EPP meant that :p

OmegaAvenger said:
thanks for the sarcasm. I didnt think it needed a code to signup.

No problem. Welcome to the internet.

An old saying goes, regret only when you don't have the knowledge.

While Google is a wonderful search engine if one doesn't mind and have the time to sort through the gazillion hits. If someone here has some specific info on a specific site, wouldn't it be much better for every one all around to simply point to it?

Use that knowledge for the betterment of the community. We all come here because it's a great community, I thought. Lets make it a better one.

An old saying goes, regret only when you don't have the knowledge.

While Google is a wonderful search engine if one doesn't mind and have the time to sort through the gazillion hits. If someone here has some specific info on a specific site, wouldn't it be much better for every one all around to simply point to it?

Use that knowledge for the betterment of the community. We all come here because it's a great community, I thought. Lets make it a better one.

Give a man a fish...

Why don't people just go the the Egg and purchase the drive for $129.99 w/ free S/H? Dell is charging for handling as a minimum I'm guessing?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148337

Newegg has horrible packing for thier hard drives and products in general. I ordered a gtx 260 (Which is well padded inside its box) and it was sitting on top of layer of brown paper then the box was tapped shut. There was no protection on top. My friend ordered a new motherboard and processor and they just threw them in the bottom of the box and put the papper on top of that. The one hard drive I ordered from them (a samsung 500gb) for a customer machine died within 48 hours and hard read errors with 2 hours of being installed. New egg is a reat website for everything BUT hard drives. I'll stick to zzf for those. better packing. I know the samsung could easily of have been deffective, but 1 layer of bubble wrap with a bit of brown paper inside a box does not cut it for a hard drive.

The dell site wasnt charging shipping or handling.

Weren't these the same drives selling for like $83 a week or so ago? This sounds like a poor deal.

1.5TB drives for $83? I don't think so... perhaps a quick sale on some 1TB drives, but 1.5TB... no way in hell.

Unless of course Dell is pulling another "let's see how stupid these Internet people are... we'll post a really low price, get a shitload of temporary cash when they sit there at their computers waiting on the cancellation email and we can make some interest off that money while we float it for a few days..." :D

1.5TB drives for $83? I don't think so... perhaps a quick sale on some 1TB drives, but 1.5TB... no way in hell.

Unless of course Dell is pulling another "let's see how stupid these Internet people are... we'll post a really low price, get a shitload of temporary cash when they sit there at their computers waiting on the cancellation email and we can make some interest off that money while we float it for a few days..." :D

I do remember several people getting them for $103 from Dell (in these forums), and there was some loop that people were using Live cashback on slickdeals that drove it down even lower (I think it resulted in $87, not $83, sorry).

But still, I didn't even put any effort into searching and found it for cheaper on ncixus.com.
http://www.ncixus.com/products/?sku=33167&promoid=1130&vpn=ST31500341AS&manufacture=Seagate
Although there is no mention on how much shipping is. GRR, I freakin HATE THAT!
I also assume that ncix will honor the 5 year warranty they have listed for this hard drive. If not, then it's false advertising. :p

I do remember several people getting them for $103 from Dell (in these forums), and there was some loop that people were using Live cashback on slickdeals that drove it down even lower (I think it resulted in $87, not $83, sorry).

But still, I didn't even put any effort into searching and found it for cheaper on ncixus.com.
http://www.ncixus.com/products/?sku=33167&promoid=1130&vpn=ST31500341AS&manufacture=Seagate
Although there is no mention on how much shipping is. GRR, I freakin HATE THAT!
I also assume that ncix will honor the 5 year warranty they have listed for this hard drive. If not, then it's false advertising. :p

I got mine for $103 a few weeks ago and then a few days later I saw the $83. That's madness.

I got my 1.5 TB Seagate for ~$85/shipped when the last ebay/live.com 35% was in effect.

Decently warm deal on the Dell 1.5TB seagate imho, although i have seen them for under $90, microcenter had them the other week for $109 + tax.

I got my 1.5 TB Seagate for ~$85/shipped when the last ebay/live.com 35% was in effect.
Great score,

Got a 1TB Hitachi with 25% cashback the other night for $60 shipped :cool:

Back