Seagate 1.5TB, 106 bucks @ Dell

Status
Not open for further replies.
They keep trying to give these damn things away, I would bite if I knew they ironed
out the issues these are having, great price though.

got one from the egg and have written about 1100gb to it, no lockups yet. watched 3 movies from it, so far so good. When I see a $110 or less deal after 1/15 (payday) I will be getting another.

They keep trying to give these damn things away, I would bite if I knew they ironed
out the issues these are having, great price though.

I have one, flashed to the latest firmware and working like a champ.

Hm.. I don't know if I should get it...

If I recall, these are the same as the ones from TigerDirect with cashback.. But most of it can be updated with updatable firmware right?

I just paid about the same amount for a 1tb from Amazon :(

Oh well, I don't really need the 500gb extra right now ;)

I just ordered one. I am low on space (physical and digital).

Will these drives work well on a Vista 64 bit pc after I update its firmware?

dell.com said:
Our apologies...

The product you have selected is not currently available for online purchase in the segment you have selected.

Oh well...

It's probably best it's dead, check the forums for all the issues with these drives.
They probably did you a favor, I've had 2 Seagates die, not willing to try again.

i want one of these, but as many have stated am reluctant to b/c of all the performance issues popping up. But a deaD deal kind of narrows down the choices :)

& i can wait a little longer, still 300-400GB of space remaining w/current setup

damn, missed it, gota have to pickup a TB or larger for a lan party in about a month, I still got time to get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back