sd card won't fit in macbook pro

syn3rgyz

Gawd
My microSD card just came in the mail today and it comes with a microSD to SD adapter. The SD card won't fit into my 13" macbook pro, its too big. The card reader on it is for SD cards right?

haha i've tried all different ways, I even read the manual on apples site and it says to have the metal parts facing down and towards the macbook

Hmm... I've only inserted two different SD cards into my 13" MBP and had no problems with either. Does that SD card adapter thing fit in any other device you might have, that can take SD cards? (printer for example).

its an microSD put into an microSD to SD adapter
1GB_into%20microSD_TransFlash_to_SD_adapter.jpg

did you leave the adapter out in the heat or something? perhaps it expanded? do you have a photo of your specific one?

i didn't leave it in the heat i've tried it a few times. Tried forcing it in too it made the bottom get scratched up
heres a pic
photoon20100421at1301.jpg

I have no problem (without any force) getting SD cards into my MBP. You said you tried it in the PS3 as well and that didn't work either? Perhaps it's a manufacturing defect and that adapter wasn't 'cut' right. Seems very unlikely, though.

From that pic, it looks correct. It should be going label up with the SanDisk portion going into the slot first...

It might be a counterfeit card that isn't of the same quality as a real one.

^ i think that might be the case, oh well i'll have to get a microsd to usb connector then

thanks for the help

You don't happen to have another SD card around do you? Compare them side by side? Will a regular SD card fit?

This is bothering me! There's no reason it shouldn't fit. Quick, go find a friend who has one (everyone has one lying around) and do a comparison!

I really do suspect it's a counterfeit card, I have one of those adapters for a microSD from an old phone and it fits in all my SD slots just fine no finagling at all, I don't have one on my MBP, but my headunit, both my monitors, my D90, and when I had my wii, it fit in all of those.

I really do suspect it's a counterfeit card...

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case. Wasn't there a recent article, at some of the tech blog sites, about actual employees going in late at night to make cheap, shoddy, units, with parts that were thrown out due to defects? I tried searching for the article, but I can't remember which particular company was named.

There are a lot of SanDisk counterfeits. I think you have one of them.

thanks for all the help guys, but I bought this off dealextreme for pretty cheap, i dont want the hassle of returning it so i'll just go pick up something to deal with it for cheap

thanks for all the help guys, but I bought this off dealextreme for pretty cheap, i dont want the hassle of returning it so i'll just go pick up something to deal with it for cheap

Wow yeah that's definitely counterfeit, or at least the reason they were able to off it so cheap, because of it not meeting standards.

Back