Scythe Ninja in Cooler Master Centurion 5

Hi everyone,

Just a quick question. I've settled on getting a Centurion 5 for my next build and was wondering if a Scythe Ninja would fit into it (or a Tuniq Tower)?

I searched for this, but the threads where some similar questions were asked went unanswered...or search was very spotty.

Thanks!

More than likely it will fit fine as there is 18mm between the top of the PCB and the power supply (which if it is the coolermaster that comes with the case with one 16A 12V rail, should probally be immedately thrown in the trash). The width of the case is 20.2mm which is over the 19mm height recommended by Tuniq so you are good there too. You will have to ditch the side cooling duct.

That case only has a single 80mm front intake fan and touts the grilled drive bays as something special, however consider if you fill 2 of them with CD DVD drives. You will be hurting for airflow for that Tuniq.
It does have a 120mm in the back, its only saving grace.

As you might have figured out, its a nice looking case but I am not impressed with its cooling setup if you intend to do the kind of overclocking a Tuniq would make possible. Firs thing I would do is get out the dremel and modify the front panel for a 120mm fan.

Firs thing I would do is get out the dremel and modify the front panel for a 120mm fan.

Not too easy because of all the power connections in the way.

OP, convert 3 of the 5" bays up top into a 120mm fan compartment like I've done in the past.

Back