Scythe Ninja 2 mounting questions...

Easius

Limp Gawd
I have a client who wants a noiseless system as his current HSF is quite loud and going out, I want to replace it with a Scythe Ninja 2 with a slow fan. However his last HSF was some generic socket 775 with screw threw holes to tie it down. The question is does anyone know if the ninja is uses a screw down system or a clip in system? Also anyone know if they think the stock the HSF threaded holes might work, or about what screw size the threading is on the motherboard?

I don't want to take the motherboard out to mount it..... Hoping the screw holes are all the same, and the ninja is a screw down...

Thanks for everyones help, open to suggestion as well.

stock the HSF threaded holes

No such thing as far as I know. You are seeing the backplate and its screw holes from the old HS is all I can figure out. No clue if the new HS can use them or not. I would guess you have a fair chance of another screw down HS just happening to match threads, if you knew what the old HS was you could go to manuf web site and look at specs or email tech support and find the screw size and figure it out for sure.

Stock LGA 775 is just holes in motherboard for push pin mounting.

or

I am confused and missing something.

No your right. Im just hoping the mounting holes/screw size were universal. Hmmm.

Back