Scythe Kama Bay inside v1000z

FusionXP

Limp Gawd
Will the Scythe Kama Bay fan fit behind the original v1000z drive bezels? And can the front honey comb of the Kama Bay be removed for more air flow?

Also if I can't get the Kama Bay, where can I get the Lian-Li intake cooling kit (BZ-502B)?

I have Kama Bay in PC-V1000, unfortunately it doesn't look very good (watch for gap on both sides):
p1000580smallwi9.jpg

p1000581smallpo7.jpg

Plus i have 2 disks mounted behind it, so it is screwed only by upper side. You cannot remove the front panel, all things are mounted to it, that is the thing which keeps everything together :D.

About your second question, i'm not sure if BZ-502 is available at all. I'm waiting for it since May, so far nothing at Lian Li Europe.

But can you mount the kama bay deeper in the case bay so the original bezel can be mounted without drilling any new holes?
I know you have the v1000 and the original bezels are solid but the v1000z has the holes in them. This way the gap in the kama bay would not be seen.

I don't really have an answer for you that doesn't involve some kind of modding. Lian Li does have their version of the 'Kama Bay' style that has matching aluminum and size for the cases though. I don't know if that will help.

Back