Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-15 1850rpm fans - $14.81ea + $6 flat rate shipping

Friend of mine bought some of these when he experienced how amazing they are in my rig.
He bought six, and aquatuning threw in a bag of gummy bears.
Aquatuning brand gummy bears

Need to upload onto photobucket or something like that, then link to here. The google attachment works for your account only.

PS. Do it soon, I want to see aquatuning gummy bears :D

Gah, I was being lazy, and now that this is on page 5 i'll just post again instead of editing.

I got my 7 fans from Germany, within 3 days of ordering them. Amazing! Link of them being installed on my new case: Link

This is still a "hot" deal :)

How do these fans compare to the San Ace h1011's when set at the same rpm? I'm curious about the difference between between not only noise but the amount of air they move.

I have a number of h1011's on the way right now and I know for sure I will be using two of them on the rad of my h50. I'm trying to decide if I should use 3 more of them as case fans inside my 650D (there would be one in each top slot of the 650d and one hanging from the 2.25" bay) or if I should just go ahead and sell the all except two and pick up something else for case fans. Feel free to take it to pm's if it's going to derail the thread. :)

p.s.
I could also opt to use 140mm as opposed to 120mm for the case fans if someone is really zealous about a particular model.

How do these fans compare to the San Ace h1011's when set at the same rpm? I'm curious about the difference between between not only noise but the amount of air they move.

I have a number of h1011's on the way right now and I know for sure I will be using two of them on the rad of my h50. I'm trying to decide if I should use 3 more of them as case fans inside my 650D (there would be one in each top slot of the 650d and one hanging from the 2.25" bay) or if I should just go ahead and sell the all except two and pick up something else for case fans. Feel free to take it to pm's if it's going to derail the thread. :)

p.s.
I could also opt to use 140mm as opposed to 120mm for the case fans if someone is really zealous about a particular model.

I posted this earlier in the thread but I'll repost it here, this is CFM vs DBA as tested by Martin over at XS. RPM is really irrelevant when comparing fans, as when you list that stat you are really trying to imply a combination of CFM and noise that unfortunately changes dramatically from fan to fan.

San Ace's are good fans, but the GT's are better.
1airnoisesmall.png

I posted this earlier in the thread but I'll repost it here, this is CFM vs DBA as tested by Martin over at XS. RPM is really irrelevant when comparing fans, as when you list that stat you are really trying to imply a combination of CFM and noise that unfortunately changes dramatically from fan to fan.

San Ace's are good fans, but the GT's are better.

I saw this and was really trying to figure it out... Unfortunately I'm color-blind and can't distinguish which lines are which. :(

Last edited:
LOL. Well, the farthest left line is the GT.

Well damn, that might be all I need to know as it looks like the line for the GT is dominating the others.

Doesn't that chart only rate how they perform with a radiator though?
I was more curious as to how they would perform in a basically open air enviroment where static pressure wouldn't make as much of a difference.

And the San Ace is the triangle bulleted line that starts at the point just below 12 and just below 56

Thanks that helps a lot! I think I was able to follow the San Ace line all the way. It looks like the noise from them really kicks up after you bring their speed up. I'm going to run 2 h1011s on my H50 @12v and maybe I'll see how three more of them do as regular case fans @5v. If it still seems loud it looks like I'll be getting in on this deal. Although I am still curious about some really high performance 140mm fans. They seem to generally be quieter (at the same cfm) but I haven't found anything that looks to be of the same build quality as the higher performance 120mm fans. :/

Last edited:
Thanks that helps a lot! I think I was able to follow the San Ace line all the way. It looks like the noise from them really kicks up after you bring their speed up. I'm going to run 2 h1011s on my H50 @12v and maybe I'll see how the three more of them do as regular case fans @5v. It's it still seems loud it looks like I'll be getting in on this deal. Although I am still curious about some really high performance 140mm fans. They seem to generally be quieter (at the same cfm) but I haven't found anything that looks to be of the same build quality as the higher performance 120mm fans. :/

Its a major gap in the market to be sure, but the reason is pretty clear. All of these very high end 120's we love (GT's, Panaflos, San Ace, Delta, etc) are made for industrial applications and happen to fit in PC's. These applications have no reason to move to 140mm, so we are stuck with just 'consumer' grade fans there. :(

Back