Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-15 1850rpm fans - $14.81ea + $6 flat rate shipping

R-Type

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - October 2011
Get em while they're hot.
http://www.aquatuning.us/product_info.php/info/p6624

As with every thread on these, I expect some members will come to post how it is insane to spend $15 on a fan. And then, as per the norm, 90% of us will extol the merits of these fans which cannot be fully appreciated without owning one first.

Or we could skip that and everyone could just get an excellent price on some of the best damn fans on the market! :D

Cost Notes:
- There is a 9.5% sales tax/customs fee on these orders, but this still works out to about $16 a fan. This is below the average price of these and they are in stock.
- There is an added $10 fee to shipping if your order is under $75. If you are over $75, shipping is only $6. Everything ships out of Germany.

Last edited:
Never heard of this site. Neither does resellerratings, not a good sign.

7.6 Years and you haven't heard of Aquatuning?
No disrespect, but you must be out of the overclocking/watercooling loop.

Edit: as of right now, they have 496 fans in stock. Don't ask me how I know it.

Last edited:
Aquatuning is extremely legit, take a stroll through the watercooling subforum and check back in. :p

They are 100% legit

I personally prefer AP14 and 13 but I know these sell like hot cakes

o dam am i tempted ... especially since ill be placing an order in the next day or two from AquaTuning ....

looks like is 6 dollars each for shipping. they want to charge me 16-18 dollars to ship to california.

looks like is 6 dollars each for shipping. they want to charge me 16-18 dollars to ship to california.

Are you sure you aren't attributing the sales tax to the shipping? I will update the OP to mention there is tax, however this only brings them up to the normal price AND they're in stock.

DxIWl.png

3xnQZ.png

Waiting for the overclock.net Gentle Typhoons to come in, but nice find.

Yeah, I just went to buy 2 and they want $16-18 for shipping to WA. No thank you.

With "tax" or customs fees or whatever it puts them at $25 apiece for me.

7.6 Years and you haven't heard of Aquatuning?
No disrespect, but you must be out of the overclocking/watercooling loop.

Funny. I'm running a dual gpu + cpu watercooling loop with 2x120.3 rads with i7 @ 4.2ghz. It hasn't occurred to you that the reason someone haven't heard of aquatuning is because they are selling crap, so... who's out of the loop again?

Funny. I'm running a dual gpu + cpu watercooling loop with 2x120.3 rads with i7 @ 4.2ghz. It hasn't occurred to you that the reason someone haven't heard of aquatuning is because they are selling crap, so... who's out of the loop again?

if you've never heard of them, then how do you know what they sell is crap?

Please don't troll the thread. As the poster above me said, how would you know they were selling crap if you hadn't heard of them? Furthermore, how can it be crap when its the same well known brand found elsewhere? Finally, while I'm glad you are watercooling you have clearly not been paying attention, Aquatuning is a well known shop.

In summary, please go away and let us buy fans.

Yeah, I just went to buy 2 and they want $16-18 for shipping to WA. No thank you.

With "tax" or customs fees or whatever it puts them at $25 apiece for me.
Odd, the images I posted above are shipping to Seattle for 6 bucks flat. I have an account with them, perhaps it shows different shipping if you are signed in? :confused:

So I guess it must depend on where you live? Because $16-18 for shipping is absurd.

ap15s are $25 at sidewinder. this is a good price even with sales tax!

i might have considered getting some, except i just bought some panaflo L1BXs. i like 38mm

Yup, also 16 bucks shipping plus a 10.5% customs fee to California for me. For the cost of 2 fans here, I can get 3 fans at the usual places including shipping when they do have them in stock. If I had to get them now and were buying a bunch, its not too bad but I just need 2-3. But definitely a worthy deal for people who don't pay as much shipping/tax/customs fee and need it now.

I figured the shipping discrepancy out, they have a $10 surcharge for orders below $75.

UPS Express Saver UPS Express UPS Express fast lane
2 to 3 days 1 to 2 days mostly 1 day
6 USD 8 USD 12 USD
* plus 10 USD "small order" fee for orders < 75 USD
all prices plus sales tax

OP Updated

I would buy 20 of these if I could justify such an amount to the GF...

http://www.overclockers.com/65-fans-tested-megahalems/

I don't mean to threadcrap, I just want to provide an alternative in case anyone wants to go the cheaper route. Let me know if I've gotten anything wrong, but:

Cooler Master R4 / Sickleflow: 54* at 27.5 dB
Gentle Typhoon AP-15: 54.5* at 26.5 dB

Considering that you can get the R4 for between $6.50 - $9 shipped depending on color, you guys should give it some serious consideration before spending almost three times as much.

EDIT: It also ties the Scythe KamaFlow 2 and got the "recommended buy" award from XbitLabs.

Anyway congrats if you got this, I know it's a good deal for those who are looking for it.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The Sickleflow is a good case fan...I dunno about static pressure but it works great as a front fan pulling air in. Really quiet and made my GPU temps a lot better.

http://www.overclockers.com/65-fans-tested-megahalems/

I don't mean to threadcrap, I just want to provide an alternative in case anyone wants to go the cheaper route. Let me know if I've gotten anything wrong, but:

Cooler Master R4 / Sickleflow: 54* at 27.5 dB
Gentle Typhoon AP-15: 54.5* at 26.5 dB

Considering that you can get the R4 for between $6.50 - $9 shipped depending on color, you guys should give it some serious consideration before spending almost three times as much.

EDIT: It also ties the Scythe KamaFlow 2 and got the "recommended buy" award from XbitLabs.

Anyway congrats if you got this, I know it's a good deal for those who are looking for it.

CoolerMaster is notorious for underrating their fan noise levels.

Gentle Typhoons also have much better static pressure, and have much better noise profiles. Also, the sleeve bearings get noisy fast in the horizontal position, while the double ball bearings of the Gentle Typhoons do not wear out as quickly.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Read the links that I provided, nothing that I wrote has to do with CoolerMaster's specifications. The R4 is just as good, on the Megahalems at least. But you're absolutely right about DBB vs. sleeve, the R4 has a limited application.

EDIT I've heard many times about certain CoolerMaster fans that are completely sealed, and this is one of them. I'm not sure, but I always thought sleeve bearing couldn't be used in horizontal position because it would leak. If that's the case, then you can use this in horizontal position.

Last edited:
That is a really crappy way to do business, IMO.

I agree it sucks. Given that they are offering $6 shipping from Germany however and my watercooling purchases have never been less than triple digits, I think it is at least pretty easy to avoid.

Performance PCs has had the AP-15 in stock for awhile since they are priced at $17.95 each since they force you to get them presleeved. Still could be cheaper than aquatuning after the extra fees involved.

I thought these fans were the new typhoon stompers. They push more air, they're quieter, better quality, etc. (shrugs)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...egory=573&Manufactory=13802&SpeTabStoreType=1

Do you have any data to back this up? I know nothing about them and they may be very good however I tend to prefer a proven solution like the GT's for the same money.

Here is a comparison with GT's in it for reference.
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/coolers/display/120-140-fans-roundup_18.html

Do you have any data to back this up? I know nothing about them and they may be very good however I tend to prefer a proven solution like the GT's for the same money.

No, I don't, you can look around though and you might find something. I however have Scythe Gentle Typhoon's in my case and on my TrueSpirit heatsink right now and I'll be purchasing CF-V12HP's very soon to replace them.

I've heard many good things about them besting the GT's but again, I have no data. It's strictly word of mouth. Do a comparison if you need to though. I'll wait.

Well that $10 surcharge just killed this for me. I was barely willing to spend money to get 4 of these + taxes/fees to replace my stock Cooler Master fans. Then the $10 got in there and murdered the deal. Ah well :(

Back