Scythe FUMA SCFM-1000 Twin Tower CPU Air Cooler @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Scythe FUMA SCFM-1000 Twin Tower CPU Air Cooler - Scythe has a history of building CPU air coolers that not only perform well, but are also are a value in terms of your hard earned money. The FUMA cooler is built with the PC hardware enthusiast in mind and sports multiple fan configurations and comes supplied with two fans so you do not have any added cost.

:eek: Insane. Curious how it performs passively. I always expect greatness from Scythe but they outdid themselves this time.

Wow, and I thought I would never see a better value then the Reeven Justice review. So for AMD mounting, it sounds like this uses the stock mounting bracket, meaning it should fit AM4 as long as there isn't an issue with Z height? I wonder if you have to mount it with the fans pointing to the top of the case, that seems to happen with a lot of air coolers that use stock AMD mount while also being Intel compatible.

edit: Looking at pictures of the cooler, looks like it should mount in a "normal" orientation for AMD.... I think....

Wow, and I thought I would never see a better value then the Reeven Justice review. So for AMD mounting, it sounds like this uses the stock mounting bracket, meaning it should fit AM4 as long as there isn't an issue with Z height? I wonder if you have to mount it with the fans pointing to the top of the case, that seems to happen with a lot of air coolers that use stock AMD mount while also being Intel compatible.
Yes, it can use the stock mounting bracket. Just talked to AMD on this to confirm. Any "clip type" cooler that fits on AM3 will fit on AM4 socket. However, the holes in the motherboard have changed from AM3 to AM4, so if you are mounting a water block, it will have to be an AM4 specific mounting plate.

With this price and performance, the only reason to go with expensive (and sometimes noisy) AIO water coolers is almost solely for looks.

Any way you guys post a pic that shows the hsf and video card/expansion card in the same frame (to help judge height)? I can judge a lot easier if it'll fit in my case with that view vice having to get out the measuring stick.

edit: I can tell enough (I think) with the last shot showing the expansion slot on the case frame. Good review, don't think it'll quite fit though.
Well, as noted, it is 145mm tall. I think it would be easiest to just measure. No?

I know what I'll be using to cool Zen if it doesn't suck!
Any reason you can't solve the DIMM issue by moving the outer fan to the other side but keeping the airflow direction the same?

has this been answered: do tall heatspreader ramsinks really make for better performing ram?

I know what I'll be using to cool Zen if it doesn't suck!
Any reason you can't solve the DIMM issue by moving the outer fan to the other side but keeping the airflow direction the same?

I'm pretty sure it lets you do that but in the case of this install it looks like it'd interfere with the case fan that's right next to the heat sink. I've read a few reviews of these units and it seems that the 2nd fan doesn't add a whole lot of extra cooling, so given a case fan right next to the other side and the fan in the center you could probably eliminate the 2nd fan altogether without much effect.

Love Scythe products. I bought the Ashura not too long ago. This was also on my list of ones to buy.

I take it this will work on LGA 2011 v3 boards correct? My wife's upgrading and I'm trying to find her a cooler that won't break the bank.

With this price and performance, the only reason to go with expensive (and sometimes noisy) AIO water coolers is almost solely for looks.

Well, and if your case has less than great airflow it's probably easier to achieve good temps with a rad.

Damn... I made the horrible mistake of not looking at this review before purchasing the CM 212 I just put on my old AM3+ 6300 @ 4.4 1.2v
I won't be making that mistake when building my next system over the next couple of months.
In my defense, it was on a good sale @ Microcenter, and this is an old system that is going to be converted to a DNS/firewall box.

Just ordered one of these from CoolerGuys.com. $54.95 + 5$ shipping for $59.95. Amazon, Newegg and others did not have them and almost indicated they may never have them.

Seems like my buying decisions are heavily influence by HardOCP reviews now:
  • Nano
  • I7 6700K
  • Corsair FW600 power supply
  • Vive
  • Now this not to mention a number of VR games :D

Wow, it's only the end of march and I can't find this heatsink at any reputable place. Heck, the only sellers on ebay are in Europe.

What's going on?
This looked like a great heatsink.

I might sell mine. No AM4 bracket until end of April (aka June by the time you can find one)

I might sell mine. No AM4 bracket until end of April (aka June by the time you can find one)
Doesn't it just use the current AM4 bracket clip on?

I cancelled my order since they really didn't have any and told me maybe in April they will have some. Right.

Doesn't it just use the current AM4 bracket clip on?

I cancelled my order since they really didn't have any and told me maybe in April they will have some. Right.

No, it s a bolt through design and it needs a new backplate.

Wow, it's only the end of march and I can't find this heatsink at any reputable place. Heck, the only sellers on ebay are in Europe.

What's going on?
This looked like a great heatsink.

I had the same question, here is their response

"The Fuma is currently out of stock everywhere in North America.
We expect to receive replenishment by 4/28."

I had the same question, here is their response

"The Fuma is currently out of stock everywhere in North America.
We expect to receive replenishment by 4/28."

Was noticing the same thing. No where had it for sale, but found a site called AeroCool selling it and says release date 4/28.

So which do you think has better performance, this or the Scythe Ninja 4? I am looking to replace my Mugen 3 Rev. B sometime soon along with getting a new case (Fractal Define R5 Blackout).

Got mine today and got it installed. There's nothing fancy to it really. Just some plastic spacers, new screws and mounting brackets. It is identical to the AM3+ mounting with a slightly wider spacing. It bolts in to the AM4 backplate. RAM clearance is an issue. I just raise the front fan slightly over the memory.

Scythe quotes 149mm. http://www.scythe-eu.com/fileadmin/images/CPU-Cooler/Fuma/FUMA-dimensions.jpg are you sure of the 145mm? The Cryorig H7 and the Thermalright True Spirit 120M BW Rev A are 145mm, yes, but this quotes 149mm. As far as I know these are the only 120mm fan tower coolers below 150mm (and the Arctic Freezer i32 is exactly 150mm). Do you know of any others?

Seconded. My case has exactly 148mm of clearance, so the H7 barely fits in it. If the Fuma is actually 149mm, it's not gonna fit without modding the case. If it's actually 145mm...I might go that route instead of an AIO.

Also, Thermaltake Frio Silent 12 and NiC 31 are also under 150mm and have 120mm fans. They also look exactly identical...so maybe count that as one more cooler?

Also, Thermaltake Frio Silent 12 and NiC 31 are also under 150mm and have 120mm fans. They also look exactly identical...so maybe count that as one more cooler?

Wow, fantastic find, only 140mm high! And they have different fans, check the specs. But yes, it's very likely the heatsink is the exact same.

So, I just got one of these. My idle temps are exactly the same as the review, but my load temps are at about 59 degrees (Compared to 50 in the review.). I have a 5820k. Is that kind of temp increase to be expected with 6 cores over 4, or is the airflow in my case shit, or some combination of the two?

(Also, installing the second fan in between the two heatsink stacks while the cooler was installed (Because you can't access the hardware with the middle fan installed.) was a major pain the in ass.)

Back