Sculpture Made With 100 CPU Fans

Gotta say, I was thinking, 100 fans, that's a 10x10 grid, how good could it be... but holy shit it was worse than that.

When I was thinking sculpture... and they just put them in a grid... That's really lazy.

Do this with Delta fans. Strap it to a wagon. Set a land speed record. Beat Elon Musk to Mars as an encore.

That's not art, that's just a Prescott cooler.

LMAO! Taking the joke WAY back! Nice.

As far as the "art" goes I do like the fans twitching from a distance...it looks cool I guess? But all the close ups and shit are ridiculous and it is a pretty big waste of some nice fans.

That's not art, that's just a Prescott cooler.

Let me get that for you.

giphy.gif

A kinetic sculpture that re-imagines the use of cpu fans to create a mesmerizing, meditative experience.

Really stretching it there.. it is some fans zip tied together...

I bet this persons parents are so happy of the money they wasted on their college. :p

I like it but it doesn't look straight at the end. Sending my perfectionism crazy

Should of done it with 100 Noctua old school coolers. Would be an uglier piece of shit piece of art worth $100000

OK, let's call it art, although stupid hobby would be more fitting in this case. But why is it a sculpture? At what point did the creator sculpt anything? If it had some form then I'd call it a structure, but not sculpture. Sculpting means the bending and twisting of a material to take some form. At least that's what I thought of sculpting. So let's say I put 100 HDDs in a 10x10 grid, then randomly twitch their plates then I become an artist and a sculptor too?

Back