scsi hard drive 50 pin needed

For your use case, could you still use a 68-pin with an appropriate adapter? (most scsi2+ drives were backward compatible with scsi1).

For your use case, could you still use a 68-pin with an appropriate adapter? (most scsi2+ drives were backward compatible with scsi1).
I used a Iomega Bernoulli Transportable 150 case.

I think i may have some fullheight drives at my mothers i will go check later gonna be expensive to ship though

Coulda sworn they had adapters, but must've been thinking of PATA. Startech used to make a pci scsi controller card, but it's discontinued. Will likely need something like that.

Edit: nvm, you're trying to go the other way. You'd need a device which speaks scsi and has a sata/pata controller on board. This is probably simpler than the other way round, but still equally difficult to find.

Last edited:
I have a full height 5.25" (the size of two cd drives) Seagate ST410800N which is a 9.1gb drive. Then a Seagate ST31230N (size of standard old school drives) 3.5" half height 1gb drive. Last a Seagate ST3600N 3.5" half height 525mb drive. Shoot me a PM if interested. I'll have to see what they are worth these days. Probably not much.

IMG_4126.jpg

I have a full height 5.25" (the size of two cd drives) Seagate ST410800N which is a 9.1gb drive. Then a Seagate ST31230N (size of standard old school drives) 3.5" half height 1gb drive. Last a Seagate ST3600N 3.5" half height 525mb drive. Shoot me a PM if interested. I'll have to see what they are worth these days. Probably not much.

View attachment 466788
PM sent

View attachment 466788
TIL they made full height hard drives in the GB range...

TIL they made full height hard drives in the GB range...
Yeah, imagine how much storage you could get with 5.25" platters and as many platters as you could stuff in now. Seagate put 14 (double sided) platters in the Elite 47 to get 47 GB in a full-height 5.25" in 1998. Of course helium filled drives were doing 9 platters in a regular 3.5" in 2017. Otoh, we barely have 3.5" mounts in cases now, there's not a lot of cases you can drop a full height drive, and certainly nothing rack mountable.

I have like 9 or 10 of them, but most are 25 to 30 years old and I doubt they work anymore.

Does it need to be a full mechanical spinning disk? I gave up on those after trying to buy 6 or 7 different ones for my Amiga 2000.. the most reliable one I found lasted for about a month before it died. Settled for a 68-pin with a 50-pin adapter since they're less than $20 on Ebay and much more reliable. Also, there are other options which I use in other 50pin SCSI machines, like the BlueSCSI, RaSCSI, and SCSI2SD instead of having unreliable spinning rust. Those are less than $50.

Does it need to be a full mechanical spinning disk? I gave up on those after trying to buy 6 or 7 different ones for my Amiga 2000.. the most reliable one I found lasted for about a month before it died. Settled for a 68-pin with a 50-pin adapter since they're less than $20 on Ebay and much more reliable. Also, there are other options which I use in other 50pin SCSI machines, like the BlueSCSI, RaSCSI, and SCSI2SD instead of having unreliable spinning rust. Those are less than $50.
yes. I need a backup for what I have.

Back