SCSI Disks no longer showing up, not scanning!

V@nill@

Limp Gawd
OK, here is the story!

I needed to replaced my HSF. This was a mobo out job as I had to add a back plate.

When I put everything back together I forgot to plug back in my SCSI card (some LSI thing with two 73GB 10K Fujitsu drives connected).

When it booted it said 'cmos checksum error - defaults loaded '. I just pressed F1 to make it go away.

Then I remembered that I didn't have the the SCSI card in. So I plug the card back in and now it doesn't do its usual SCSI scan, it skips right by it and goes to verifying DMI Pool data where it sits!

How do i get my SCSI back so I can boot? :(

Thanks

Edit: The scsi card is defo there. On the PCI devices listing there are two entried for SCSI Bus controller. It seems the bus controller just isnt being told to do its thing :(

Edit 2: Justs did windows recover and it can see the scsi drives. I think it is just a case of getting the bios to tell the SCSI controller to do it's thing! I have a Gigabyte K8NF9 mobo!

Bah, I unplugged my SATA drives and now it boots.

Should be safe to plug the sata drives back in.

Word of warning to those thinking of SCSI! You need the patience of an elephant and the cunning of a fox.

The stupidity of a retarded swamp donkey is optional but found in 99% of us SCSI users.

Back