Scrollout F1

Riccochet

Fully [H]
Didn't know where to put this, so I'm putting it here. Mods can move if they want.

Recently setup a Debian box with Scrollout F1 to filter spam in front of Exchange. I've tried tweaking the settings non-stop, but it still blocks a good amount of non-spam emails. I'm not sure if the "GOOD" and "BAD" folder thing is working as there's no real way to look and see if a whitelist is being created.

Anyone have any experience with this?

I recently looked into F1 but I was put off by its lack of features in the GUI. It was too basic I felt. I looked at @SSP also but that was too robust. I settled on Endian using he SMTP proxy and I felt it was a good middle ground.

As far as the spam training goes with F1 I can't say. I didn't go into that. I'm pretty sure it uses Spamassain. I'd look there.

I've worked most of the kinks out of Scrollout. It's doing a pretty good job of filtering. Definitely not something you'd want to use on a large corporate environment, but 10-20 users no problem. The fact that all the spam gets put in to a community spam account is a downside. You need to give everyone access to that account. It creates the potential for others to read your email should something inadvertently get marked as spam.

But, it's free and works....for now.

I would personally look into Xeams. I tried to manage @ssp but its just to much of a pain in the ass, then you have to worry about linux (Some people dont mind this)

Xeams just installs on windows and works with very few changes

Back