Screw the SGS3 - this is the phone I want!

Ceramic coated body. Looks nice though. I'm waiting for something good on Verizon in the states to upgrade to.

I'm guessing the SGS3 is going to have very similar specs, possibly with Super AMOLED HD+, but a physical home button.

No Samsung smart phone in the US has ever ported that physical home button over from the International variant. I'm sure that button will be removed for the subsidized carrier variants in the US (just as it was for the previous Galaxy phones).

It looks nice, but I'm not sure why you would want this phone over the GS3. It looks just about identical if the LTE GS3 variants go with the S4 SoC over the new Exynos quad-core.(which I'm somewhat disappointed about). I'm sure the SAMOLED Plus (key word) HD display on the GS3 will be a bit better too.

Except that the GS3 is non-plus aka pentile...

Yeah, my post there was made before that announcement. Everyone was pretty sure it would be a Plus variant.. everyone was disappointed with that too :(.

First of all I don't think mura even applies to OLED without a backlight. And Pentile Scamtrix is actually most visible on solid backgrounds and vertical edges.

On a solid red or blue background, only one out of four subpixels in a row are lit. There is a gap of three whole subpixels between every consecutive red or blue dot. Green dots only have one gap between them. This is the obvious cause of solid colours being peppered with black dots. There is more empty unlit space on the screen than colour on a red or blue background.

anyone know anything about the build quality of pantech? I mean like you buy the phone and its awesome and all but what if it breaks within 6 months? warranties are irritating to have to cash it.

pantech hasnt been very famous in cellular market yet

Surely I'm not the only one that remembers the Pantech C300. It was that small plastic piece of crap that AT&T flaunted everywhere before the iPhone.

Pantech isn't known for quality products.

You can't tell it's a pentile display at 1280x720. You could tell on the Nexus One, if you really looked for it. You can't tell on the Galaxy Nexus.

Back