Screw newegg they just lost a $750 sale with me

Heck I ordered a $80 toner last week. From NewZon and not NewEgg.

The OP is expressing that he would rather support the forum than newegg, that isn't a bad thing, don't need to give him a hard time.

So, why is this in [H]otdeals? The only price is in the thread title.
Also, 3D is still a thing? Thought that fad was over with.

Only people that has not played in 3D call it a fad ..you are severely missing on the gaming experience.
Seriously, I will never understand why people spend hundreds of dollars on gear to play 3d games just to experience them in 2D...it makes as much sense as watching the games in black and white.
If it is 3D then experience it in 3D. There is no turning back...when you see the world of Skyrim, Fallout or any other game in 3D then turn the effect off, you just cant understand how you played it flat in the first place.

...it makes as much sense as watching the games in black and white.

While I bet it is pretty wicked awesome to see the world of Skyrim in 3D, this ststement is pretty ridiculous. ;)

Edit: I see this thread getting closed real soon.

Are we really supposed to care how much you spend or didn't spend?

Since we're on this topic, Amazon lost a $300 7950 sale from me because they email their promotion codes instead of giving me a hard copy, like Newegg does. I have Prime with Amazon and Shoprunner for Newegg so shipping/service doesn't matter as much.

But after reading some of the horror stories about Amazon failing to email the AMD product codes, I'd be happier knowing I'll have a coupon in my box.

well newegg support has gone way down hill.
I really feel that they are so big now they could care less about a sale.
Or your opinion.

I am with you not siding with newgg, they just don't give a crap.

Can't you people just PM your I hate newegg comments directly to Kyle? General [H] readers don't have Kyle Kudos to give out, you'll have to ask for them from him directly.

Can't you people just PM your I hate newegg comments directly to Kyle? General [H] readers don't have Kyle Kudos to give out, you'll have to ask for them from him directly.

Why? with all the reports of Newegg destroying returns so you can't process a RMA. They can DIAF for all I care. Newegg has really gone downhill and I feel sorry for anyone that blindly supports this type of behavior in a company.

Good man,

I unsubscribed from their mailing list and deleted my CC info.

Good man,

I unsubscribed from their mailing list and deleted my CC info.

A few months ago I paid off my no interest NewEgg CC, closed the account, deleted all my payment info, and put a $800+ order for parts with Amazon for my brother's computer.

When friends and family ask me for opinions on laptops or desktops or parts and suggest NewEgg, I let them know what happened to me (three difficult RMAs) and a few lucky customers (just Google "NewEgg bent pins").

I've been a customer of theirs since 2006, and they've changed for the worse in the last two years. They only care about the bottom line in the short term and don't give a frak about the customers that made them the success they were.

Jealous I can spend that much money?

So what if I want to show off my new toys and support this forum at the same time. :rolleyes:

Stupid stupid does.... No wonder people are all over you...

OP have you ever tried posting in a more civil manner?

That just might help you get your point across.

It's a drop in the bucket but thousands of us are creating a rather large pool of drops at this point. Newegg has lost at least 10k from me in the past 2 years alone. That's a rather considerable drop in the bucket, imo.

3D is a fad.

The reason for these monitors are not 3D. It is for the most CRT like experience possible. 120hz, Trace Free II, 120FPS, Light Boost and 2ms. No 1440 or 1600 res monitor can compare with how smooth these monitors feel.

A few months ago I paid off my no interest NewEgg CC, closed the account, deleted all my payment info, and put a $800+ order for parts with Amazon for my brother's computer.

When friends and family ask me for opinions on laptops or desktops or parts and suggest NewEgg, I let them know what happened to me (three difficult RMAs) and a few lucky customers (just Google "NewEgg bent pins").

I've been a customer of theirs since 2006, and they've changed for the worse in the last two years. They only care about the bottom line in the short term and don't give a frak about the customers that made them the success they were.

Interesting that you say this. Newegg has never been anything but awesome for me. Went through THREE bad open-box monitors and each time I got free shipping to and from Newegg with a $20 store credit with each return. Maybe it's just luck of the draw but I will always use Newegg.

Amazon is great though...no denying that!

well newegg support has gone way down hill.
I really feel that they are so big now they could care less about a sale.
Or your opinion.

I am with you not siding with newgg, they just don't give a crap.

i think its a hit or miss thing, i just had a big( for me) order at N.E. , and the motherboard shorted out??? anyhow, i called them and was greeted with a very respectful rep who helped me get it replaced quickly with no hassle whatsoever. while i do not doubt there are a few individuals on their support staff who are total shit bags, for the most part i think they are still a good company to deal with.

as far as 3D being a fad, i was of the same mindset, then my wife bought me a 55" LG 3D TV for my birthday, i now firmly support 3D 100% if you've actually never sat down and given it a chance you really dont know how spectacular it is. granted its not for everyone, but dont knock it till you give it a chance.

I usually try to buy everything from Amazon these days. Two reasons, because I love Amazon Prime and to support the forums.

I recently purchased a ultrabook + tablet bundle on newegg because it wasnt available on amazon. Paid $2,005 for the bundle. The ultrabook was supposed to have 256gb + 256gb SSD's in it (512 total). When I recieved it it only had 128gb + 128gb (256 total). I was livid. I went back to the product page and they had changed the SSD size on me. I double checked my print out of product page and it had 512.. So i contacted newegg via chat and email and they were unapologetic and said that they dont guarantee technical specifications at any time and they can always change. WHAT THE FUCK.

Newegg started going downhill at about this time:
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1508907

Then there is crap like this.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1694667
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1741297
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1614752
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1725533

My own RMA experiences with newegg over the last couple years have been terrible, so i stopped shopping there a while back.

On top of the crap going on in returns over there the prices have stopped being competitive, the shipping costs are higher than their competitors lately.

Honestly with Best buy price matching amazon i would rather get what i can there than newegg.

so the point of starting this thread was for the OP to kiss up to the people in charge here?...or to brag about how much $$ he spends?...I'm confused

I own a computer repair shop and regulatory use NewEgg. I wish that they would support the commission links but I deal with them because the service is EXCELLENT! I do around $2500 monthly with them. If I get an item that has bent pins on the motherboard (Looking at you Asus!), its not their fault, but they value my business and send me out a new one with ONE DAY SHIPPING at no extra charge.

Probably helps to have a business though. Also, when you get on the phone with customer service, don't bitch them out. Seriously, it not that person's fault. IF you are going to be an annoying douche about it, then at least tell them upfront that your current hostilities are directed towards the situation and not the person. Also, have some freaking patience. Most businesses do not have huge margins contrary to what liberal media ass-hats tell you.

/rant

Spent so much money with Newegg and I've only had a couple shipping issues that were resolved with a refund request and an explanation.

so the point of starting this thread was for the OP to kiss up to the people in charge here?...or to brag about how much $$ he spends?...I'm confused

Quick, someone make the OP a MOD.

merely a drop in the bucket.

5000 drops makes a gallon (don't quote me on that!). Single drop in a bucket may not be much, but we have a lot of drops in this forum looking for buckets. I've taken my drops to Amazon (NewZon), too ($1100 build for brother in law - full PC).

wqfrA.jpg

Ive never had a major problem with newegg. I used to order from the exclusively but now their prices arent always the best so its usually a mix between them, amazon, and local.

one main reason to why i used to purchase from NE all the time is due to their site usability. it's easy on the eyes, and easy to navigate around, very organized lol i hope others can hire better web coder/designers to brighten things up.

one main reason to why i used to purchase from NE all the time is due to their site usability. it's easy on the eyes, and easy to navigate around, very organized lol i hope others can hire better web coder/designers to brighten things up.

One word, newzon.

I own a computer repair shop and regulatory use NewEgg. I wish that they would support the commission links but I deal with them because the service is EXCELLENT! <snip>

I agree with most of what you wrote (esp. not bitching at CS -- that's never a good idea), but Newegg generally hasn't (over the past few years) kept their prices competitive enough for me to choose them over Amazon or a local B&M. I don't avoid them like others, and I couldn't care less bout affiliate links, but I've definitely done less shopping at the Egg over the past several years.

Back