Gawd
please guys for people like me who can't play right now :]
PICTURES PICTURES

background010000.jpg

heres one

HL23.jpg

HL22.jpg

HL21.jpg

Game looks amazing.. but slows down for me when I came out in the open. Not bad, but somewhat annoying. I guess Im using too demanding of options.. 1600x1200, high every thing, 4xAA/8xAF.

My 6800 is down for the count right now, it would seem. Keep talking to tech support at BFG...after two months of problems, I'm finally going to request a new one. Hopefully, it'll get here soon. So...I've been playing on my old FX5600, which is actually doing a much better job than I thought it would, all things considered. I'm playing on 1024x768, with detail set to medium, for the most part, and I'll say that the visuals have been, thus far, still incredible. I'd like to get my new card in, so that I can see just how it runs with that guy chugging along...the 8 extra shader pipelines should help. Oh...and if you want screens, how's this?

Suit.JPG

My new background.

Does anyone have pics of HL2 running on a Voodoo 2? (kidding- see "Doom 3 on Voodoo 2" thread). :cool:

is it just me???? but the graphics are nothing great ... reminds me of call of duty lol anyways just another boring 3d shooter nothing new....

this was taken @ 1280x1024 Max settings 4xAA 8xAF

edit: that was with FRAPS too that no. in the top right is the frame rate on my Rig XD 111FPS XDDDD~~~

Shane said:
is it just me???? but the graphics are nothing great ... reminds me of call of duty lol anyways just another boring 3d shooter nothing new....

I was kind of disappointed in D3, really seemed like nothing special, sort of like when Halo came to the PC.

But, I played this for about 45 minutes this morning (at 1280x1024, 4x, 8x, all options on high) and was blown away by the realism of the graphics, and the very involving story, and sense of drama/stress that comes in very early. I was really on the edge of my seat and couldn't wait to see what would come next. I am still in the canals (haven't seen the boat yet).

ps. I really like steam, I just re-opened it this morning and in about 10 minutes I was playing HL2, no running to the store, no typing in cd keys, just click and play.

Shane said:

please never play a game again in your life. none of them will satisfy you. save yourself and everyone else the pain of it all.

OMG this game has the best graphics ever seen on a PC before! Much more impressed than I was with doom 3 graphics.

Becoming said:
please never play a game again in your life. none of them will satisfy you. save yourself and everyone else the pain of it all.

LMAO!!! And thank you very much picture takers!!! I never played past the first level of Doom 3 because I just couldn't stop playing Halo for the PC, haha! This may finally take me away. See, I was one of the few who hadn't ever played Halo until it came out for the PC. I hope the online component of HL2 can be as much fun, for me anyway...

Jdo

Elios said:

this was taken @ 1280x1024 Max settings 4xAA 8xAF

edit: that was with FRAPS too that no. in the top right is the frame rate on my Rig XD 111FPS XDDDD~~~

How bout in a firefight?! Does it dip heavily or can you leave the AA/AF on all the time. Any chance we can get an image comparision without AA/AF? I'm running an A64 2.2/6800GT 400/1.1 so you can see why I'm so interested ;-)

In CS: Source my framerates were super-high at 16x12 until it really mattered -- firefights. I turned it down to 1024 with 4x/8x to ensure that when three guys rush me, the fps still stays at 60 constantly. It doesn't help too much if your game is pretty yet you are dead.

Is it the same in HL2? I know slowdown won't matter quite as much b/c it's not a one-shot-death game.

Wayfare said:
In CS: Source my framerates were super-high at 16x12 until it really mattered -- firefights. I turned it down to 1024 with 4x/8x to ensure that when three guys rush me, the fps still stays at 60 constantly. It doesn't help too much if your game is pretty yet you are dead.

Is it the same in HL2? I know slowdown won't matter quite as much b/c it's not a one-shot-death game.

I run CS:S with all settings cranked up to 11 on the rig in my sig with no noticeable slowdowns. It's smooth even in firefights. Hopefully I can do the same with HL2, but if not I can settle for less.

nice pics, ill have to try the game before i can say it's nothing new and ill be picking it up this game in a couple days.

but for what ive seen from all the pics here, far cry is better looking when it comes w/ grapx. gameplay? idk since i havent play HL2. like i said, it's only my observation from the pics here.. i hope i didnt offend any1 here.

Betauser said:
but for what ive seen from all the pics here, far cry is better looking when it comes w/ grapx. gameplay? idk since i havent play HL2. like i said, it's only my observation from the pics here.. i hope i didnt offend any1 here.

Don't worry, you offended plenty of people and they'll rip your head off shortly. In fact, I'll start.

Your opinion is stupid and so are you.

Far Cry is a damned beautiful game though. ;)

Dijonase said:
Don't worry, you offended plenty of people and they'll rip your head off shortly. In fact, I'll start.

Your opinion is stupid and so are you.

Far Cry is a damned beautiful game though. ;)

did i call you stupid? stfu if you dont have any nice thing to say. did i say half life 2 sux? it was my observation from the pics! like i said, i will buy the game and judge it.. it's an opinion and there's no stupid opinion. so dont call me stupid b4 i call you names too.. if i offended you, i'm sorry. it's my opinion, you shouldn't take it personally.

Becoming said:

Some people didn't like Doom 3. Why should everyone have to like Half-Life 2?

Re: Deathmatch

I was a little taken back by the lack of that and the lack of a "custom game" interface like the first one. How are we going to install/play mods? Do they get submitted to steam or something? What's up with that?

Let's just some hope that within 6 months, we get a newer better TFC (or *gasp* Team Fortress 2? LOL!).

Back