Scratch Build resources? Mobo trays, PCI slots, etc...

I'm in the planning phase of a scratch build using 2020 T-slot aluminum extrusion. My goal is an ATX open-frame case with room for full-sized GPU and PSU, but designed to be used with an external radiator, such that it is absolutely no larger than it needs to be.

I'm still working on ideas for internal hardware layout, and will need some things prefabbed - a mobo tray, PCI bracket (if I decide to go vertical mount on the GPU), front panel I/O, drive sleds/cages, etc. I can find this stuff from a number of no-name eBay and Etsy shops, but was wondering if some of the more experienced builders here had favorite vendors for this kind of thing.

Dimas Tech makes motherboard trays and PCI brackets. I used their mini itx one when I built my 2 PCs in 1 case mod.

I bought it from Mod My Mods who has always been great to deal with.

Last edited:
I got a free throwaway beige style case a decade back that I just cut the Mobo tray out of. It's worked out really well for me
thats what id suggest too. get an old free case off cl or something and gut it.

thats what id suggest too. get an old free case off cl or something and gut it.
Good suggestions and something I've done before, but for this one I'm looking for something that's got a clean look to it. Since it'll be open-frame, I want it to be better looking than what I can manage with a Dremel.

Good suggestions and something I've done before, but for this one I'm looking for something that's got a clean look to it. Since it'll be open-frame, I want it to be better looking than what I can manage with a Dremel.
That's what sanders and black paint arefor

Back