Scott Herkelman Confirms NVIDIA GPP Tactics

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Scott Herkelman, Vice President & GM Radeon Gaming at AMD, has been getting a bit higher profile this week. We dropped you a bit of his backstory earlier this week andhow AMD is launching a marketing campaign focused directly on NVIDIA's GPP action. Scott was in London this week working with AMD resellers and he posted something very interesting on Twitter that goes straight to the heart of our article entitled, "GeForce Partner Program Impacts Consumer Choice." If you have doubts that NVIDIA GPP is real, hear what he has to say:

I wanted to personally thank all of our resellers who are attending our AMD sales event in London this week, it was a pleasure catching up with you and thank you for your support. Many of you told me how our competition tries to use funding and allocation to restrict or block your ability to market and sell Radeon based products in the manner you and your customers desire. I want to let you know that your voices have been heard and that I welcome any others who have encountered similar experiences to reach out to me. Together we can work to ensure that we give gamers what they truly deserve -- freedom of choice.

The emphasis above is mine, but if you have a "GPP" story to tell, Scott wants to hear about it from you.

In other news, NVIDIA PR is now telling hardware reviewers and journalists that HardOCP was paid by AMD to tell you about GPP. The GPP "transparency" continues. For the record, AMD did not. And for the record, NVIDIA continues its lies.

Tempted to go find yet another Linus finger pic... but that seems redundant.

Hopefully AMD puts some money behind a good counter marketing push. Its an area AMD could always have used a bit more spend in... not that they should have to fight such illegal crap.

Poor Kyle. You're always on some company's payroll, but we decide yearly who that must be.

I look forward to you being on NVidia's payroll next year if you dare say something positive about something they made or did. You can then swing over to Intel, and complete the circle of payoffs.

Poor Kyle. You're always on some company's payroll, but we decide yearly who that must be.

I look forward to you being on NVidia's payroll next year if you dare say something positive about something they made or did. You can then swing over to Intel, and complete the circle of payoffs.

I called it back in 2015 that 2019 was gonna be the year that Kyle was a Matrox shill. NV isn't up again until 2023

All it takes is for AMD to release a cracking generation of video cards, if that happens, gpp will go bye bye.

If nvidia cards were just not selling because amd had a cheaper and much better/faster line up, how many Companies would stay handcuffed to nvidia ? I am sure they would bail, as they say, money talks bullshit walks.

Graphics card manufacturers are only as good as their last generation.

Plus, selling their cards for crazy prices does not make customers happy, people know when they are being openly raped financially, loyalty only goes so far.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kyle could make the logo reflect who's currently paying him. ;)

6QANWbi.jpg

7tl7v6F.jpg

4TSHhB3.jpg

Tempted to go find yet another Linus finger pic... but that seems redundant.
No it isn't. See, it gets funnier every time.

LE0NZ0.gif

Hopefully AMD puts some money behind a good counter marketing push. Its an area AMD could always have used a bit more spend in... not that they should have to fight such illegal crap.
This hurts the laptop market more than the graphics card market. Considering the success of the 2200G 2400G and Kaby Lake G, it makes sense that Nvidia has more to worry there. Remember XFX and Sapphire are exclusive to AMD, so capturing brands from companies like MSI and Asus seems kinda silly. Unless you're going after MSI and Asus laptops where AMD might have more success there especially with power consumption, heat, and space where APU's excel at.

If there's a place where AMD should throw their money at, it's laptops. Make a new brand for them like Intel did with Centrino. Something with boobs and red hair, cause yes we're male pigs and love that shit. Something a bit old, and new again. Just take old Ruby here and Anime her up and create a new catchy name for AMD and you're done. Any laptop with AMD graphics is now "the something". Cause the graphics card market will be too confusing for this GPP to be really effective. The laptop market though... that can be a real big problem for AMD and eventually Intel when they create good graphic chips.

Games_04__01.jpg

Wait, I thought [H]ardOCP was an Nvidia shill because of the whole "Vega isn't very good and Raja is up shit creek" story that they broke and then subsequently broke the internet with "[H] sucks" rants on every internet forum.... Then it turned out to be 100% true.

That's the problem with shills these days... No loyalty.

No it isn't. See, it gets funnier every time.

View attachment 68016

This hurts the laptop market more than the graphics card market. Considering the success of the 2200G 2400G and Kaby Lake G, it makes sense that Nvidia has more to worry there. Remember XFX and Sapphire are exclusive to AMD, so capturing brands from companies like MSI and Asus seems kinda silly. Unless you're going after MSI and Asus laptops where AMD might have more success there especially with power consumption, heat, and space where APU's excel at.

If there's a place where AMD should throw their money at, it's laptops. Make a new brand for them like Intel did with Centrino. Something with boobs and red hair, cause yes we're male pigs and love that shit. Something a bit old, and new again. Just take old Ruby here and Anime her up and create a new catchy name for AMD and you're done. Any laptop with AMD graphics is now "the something". Cause the graphics card market will be too confusing for this GPP to be really effective. The laptop market though... that can be a real big problem for AMD and eventually Intel when they create good graphic chips.

View attachment 68017

If only, this probably wouldn't fly in the #MeToo era. But man I do miss Ruby.

call it w/e you want, this all stinks of paid to spread fake news.. hard to believe but its tru that you are amd's puppet and if you get but hurt about it, well too bad....

sad to think you take amd's bribes.. just like politician

I think he sold out, because on that Ryzen review he used nVidia cards, and there was some mysterious shenanigans with the result that are CLEARLY caused by manipulation thru some nVidia malware that Kyle wrote and manages from his technology and sex bunker deep in the mountains of Thailand...

[/SNARK]

Edit: cue this showing up on nVidia's GPP website as proof Kyle was bought in 3...2...1...

call it w/e you want, this all stinks of paid to spread fake news.. hard to believe but its tru that you are amd's puppet and if you get but hurt about it, well too bad....

How do we know you're not bought buy Nvidia, FIRST TIME POSTER?

Nvidia sure seems to have dug themselves into a deep hole. With that said, I'm still looking forward to their next gen GPU's. As long as they continue to put out the best GPU's on the market, they will continue to get my business. Doesn't excuse the BS that they have been doing for years now but AMD still needs to step up their game if I'm going to even consider one of their GPU's.

Let me catch you up here bud...

https://www.hardocp.com/article/2016/05/27/from_ati_to_amd_back_journey_in_futility
https://www.hardocp.com/news/2016/10/20/amd_continues_to_push_premium_vr_rhetoric/

Don't forget about AMD blacklisting HardOCP. https://www.hardocp.com/article/2015/09/09/amd_roy_taylor_nano_press/

Kyle did not back down.

I am probably talking to a wall... a green wall... and responding to a troll post which I should know better as being a moderator and site owner in my history but hey....

Been an avid nVidia supporter for years - partially because they've made the best cards, and partially because of AMD's bullshit marketing lies and spin. This, however, will make me very seriously look at Red the next time I need an upgrade. How did nVidia ever think this would fly? And instead of dealing with it upfroint and honestly, they just dig a deeper hole? Stupid. My cash will go elsewhere.

Been an avid nVidia supporter for years - partially because they've made the best cards, and partially because of AMD's bullshit marketing lies and spin. This, however, will make me very seriously look at Red the next time I need an upgrade. How did nVidia ever think this would fly? And instead of dealing with it upfroint and honestly, they just dig a deeper hole? Stupid. My cash will go elsewhere.

I don't think Nvidia even cares what people think of it. In the grand scheme of things if it doesn't effect their bottom line they're not going to care.

I personally call someone who makes "the best" someone who actually does and is not gimping their products for anything, especially ethics, so sadly the time of Nvidia being the "best" in my mind and personal opinion that has been a long time indeed.

Have they had some really neat things over the years, absolutely I will give them that, I still firmly believe a quality anything will stand on its own merits and does not need "illusion" to trick the system, nor does it need the company making those products in question to point fingers at the "other guy" saying "look what they are doing, nothing to see here"

Are they (Nvidia products) fast, sure, best available build quality not even close from what I have seen/heard/dealt personally, best overall feature set that is not just more proprietary BS pulling the wool over the eyes in the process, as far from reality as cows will grow wings tommorow.

----------------------------------------------
--------------------

Time will tell, but seriously if raw speed and not much more is your cup of tea (for gaming or pro use) keep drinking it.

I myself like the best value for the $ product not going out of the way to compromise in making it happen, Nv is outright compromise when they should be bar none best in class for all their big talk and actions, which they are not, this GPP if anything cements my point personally, having to force your sellers into really crappy positions when you toot your own horn constantly as being the "leader"

Fact is without us consumers and without your vendors/partners you would be out on your ass many years ago, ungrateful pricks they are ^.^

Sad when a company that is nowhere near the same $$$$$ nor market share still puts more thought and effort into overall quality (as best as they are able at the time they do so) and has gotten better and better at it over the years vs just finding more ways to cut corners.....take that as you will.

As ugly and downright wrong as Nvidia’s business tactics are I can’t help but think that AMD’s only response is releasing a card that is worth a damn to compete.

Until then I will continue to buy Nvidia products because even at present the price comparable AMD products don’t perform as well.

They’ve managed to do it with their Ryzen line but nothing will change if their Radeon line lags behind the competition.

I’m all in on VR and that is where Nvidia is shining right now. No reason to buy Radeon until we get something that performs at or better than Nvidia performance.

Last edited:
I don't think Nvidia even cares what people think of it. In the grand scheme of things if it doesn't effect their bottom line they're not going to care.

Probably true, Nvidia is expecting their AI/Compute/Deeplearning side of the business to craete more revenue and profit than the Graphics side in 2-3 years. So if it increases their short term profit it probably won't hurt them as badly long term.

About ten minutes from now when the papers are served?

Unfortunately that might not be for a while as nVidia has a lot more cash to throw at lawyers than [H] or even AMD. Even if AMD can get the various FTCs to act it'll likely take 5 years or more, a lot of which will be while the GPP is going on which wont help AMD's situation.

A defamation lawsuit against nVidia would be the cherry on top.

This shit is getting worse, Nvidia how you fail so bad, all you needed to do was launch another GPU... At this point fuck em, AMD, you better launch a killer 4k card.

Back