scotch tape, if anyone wants it post

heres and example of scotch tape i made from scratch for this, i can upload the tape and some info on how to make it look good if you want...

heres an example(everything exept the monalisa wase made from scratch in photoshop)

post-12-1070745149.jpg

Erm.. make a long rectangle in a new layer, get a 2px/100hard eraser brush, make some triangles to make it look like tape, set the opacity down.. add a 0,0,0 1px stroke at about 15% opac.. done.

RandysWay said:
Erm.. make a long rectangle in a new layer, get a 2px/100hard eraser brush, make some triangles to make it look like tape, set the opacity down.. add a 0,0,0 1px stroke at about 15% opac.. done.

ive been using photoshop for 3 years and reading that ... im like .... WTF!???! for the triangle you mentioned, im assuming you meant for the edges? i instantly thought of another way of doing it, maybe some people will think WTF on my way too, anyways, heres what i see:
make a new ractangle, cut the edges out with a triangle shape selection by using polygon lasso tool.
as for the actual tape part ... create a new layer and fill it with the photoshop cloud *filter>render>clouds?*
select your tape and invert selection *ctrl+shift+i* and delete the cloud part not on top of the tape
put a color overlay of black on the tape layer *in layer properties* with the hue overlay feature *so it makes them black and white*
lower the opacity a lot.
depending on what color background you have, you may want to mess with the layers overlay and try soft light, or hard light or soemthing.

edit: i now understand what you meant .... reading it carefully .... im not all that good at paying close attention :D

That looks sweet...Can someone explain it in really simple terms?

I am a PS nub...

madjuggla..

your way sounds hella complicated. yes, clouds can give it a bit of a texture, but your way (minus the clouds) is the same thing; except whats up with the hue overlay to make it a grayscale? why not just use a gray in the first place?

oh, you can select your layer, make a new layer and simply render the clouds in (make sure to use 0,0,0 & 255,255,255 as your base colors to make the clouds grayscale in the first place) your selection, without inverting the selection and delete the clouds that got out of the parameter of your scotch tape.

besides, i prefer to use an actual sky, or any other texture for that matter, and 'paste into' for more.. detail.

randy

Back