Scored free equipment

Shadowspawn

[H]ard|Gawd
Sometimes it pays to be in the right place at the right time.

I work in Iraq and the base I am on is being closed down. This puts me in position to capture equipment being abandoned or destroyed.

A housing area was being cleared out and the Air Force found a small rack that was used for personal internet. They didn't know what to do with it and contacted me.

Here is what I found:

Here is what it looks like after it was cleaned up and my switches added in:

That is a 3750, 48 port switch that it came with. I added in my 3750's and a 3550. The PC is for GNS3 and will have additional ports added for router interfaces soon.

I have a terminal server in the mail to round it out.

It's not a bad start and can be easily expanded for just about any path I want to study.

lol, figures the only two replies I get are the two guys I sold hardware to. You vultures are just looking to see if there are anymore switches to buy.

BTW, I sold two 3750's on Ebay. They sold within one minute of my auction starting.

My friend who is in Afghanistan right now has said the same thing: surplus military/contractor IT equipment just laying around, some of it on pallets open to the elements. Shame it is going to waste.

My friend who is in Afghanistan right now has said the same thing: surplus military/contractor IT equipment just laying around, some of it on pallets open to the elements. Shame it is going to waste.

Send the whole pallet to me.

vultures... Definitely a side business in repatriating leftover contractors equipment though.

I used to work at a facility that just did this. Take companies old IT "trash". Believe me, a lot of it wasn't trash @ all.

nice score man! congrats :p

cisco phone ? running what ?

Thanks.

The phones have default images. I do have an old copy of Cisco Call Manager that I can run after I earn my CCNP. For right now they are just collecting dust. I have several more 7940's I am thinking of putting up for sale. The Air Force was just throwing them out.

Thanks.

The phones have default images. I do have an old copy of Cisco Call Manager that I can run after I earn my CCNP. For right now they are just collecting dust. I have several more 7940's I am thinking of putting up for sale. The Air Force was just throwing them out.

let me know about he phones!

let me know about he phones!

me too, some day ill buy a call manager system on ebay and build my self a home 6 phone system :)

Right now im using a Linksys ip Phone SPA 942 with trix box, and it works awesome.

Trixbox is in another city in a friends rack and we use this everyday for hours on end :)

Back