Score one for not using gift (and a possible troll). Leave neutral heat??

doz

Supreme [H]ardness
So I had a transaction last week. I purchased a gift card. Seller stated in his thread that he ships USPS Priority mail. Ok great. I made him an offer and he accepted but asked for me to pay with gift payment. Being that there are quit a few threads these days with problems of gifting payments and that I did not know him, I opted to pay an extra $1 to cover his fees.

So, I paid promptly on Wednesday 3-5-14. He msg'ed back and stated he would ship out Thursday. Did not hear back from him by Friday night so I asked him if he got it shipped and if so, whats the tracking number. No response all weekend so I send him another message on Monday asking if it shipped out and if so, whats the tracking. He messaged back Monday night stating that he forgot to ship it and got it out Saturday, but did not send tracking but stated it would be here Wednesday (3-12-14). Nothing in the mail so I send him another PM asking him for the tracking. He responds with some bullshit about how he sent it through the regular mail and it got returned to sender and its damaged and refunded my money. What the fuck?? First off, his FS thread stated priority shipping. Second, I dont even believe his bullshit story but regardless, he did refund me so I cant be mad.

Should I leave neutral heat for him? He had good feedback which is why I went through with the purchase but everything just seemed so shady about the whole deal. Asking for gift, slow responses through PM (even though he had logged in AFTER I sent some of the PM's), and late shipping (if it ever was shipped) along with using the wrong shipping method.

Maybe Im just frustrated as I have had more issues in the last year than in the last 15 years combined of buying/selling things online. Dont get me wrong, I have alot of great transactions but the number of bad ones just keeps going up. Needless to say, Im happy I paid that extra $1 for protection because who knows if I would have been refunded (was only a $30 transaction).

Oh and to boot, my refund is pending until 3-18-14 :mad: My fucking payment was instant but my refund isnt.......................

I agree, Neutral heat. At least he refunded you. I would never pay with paypal gift unless it was a friend or family member. IMO, you shouldn't have had to cover his paypal fees either.

To be honest, he was most likely a shady seller. To be honest, I myself actually usually offer the buyer a gift option and discount an amount off the asking price so that the buyer can save on the price (I won't be getting the fees anyways so I'd rather the buyer save a few bucks.)

I've done multiple gift sales here including 3 well over $1000 and each one of them have been smooth transactions; it's just all comesdown to analyzing the seller (and looking at previous threads the seller had open)

...just my 2 cents...

Completely agree with Zuppy! Do your homework! Over on FM (photography forum) I sent a seller $5,200 via paypal gift for a 200mm f/2 lens and didn't even think about it. He had impeccable feedback, very long time member and we spoke on the phone. I broke it into 2 or 3 payments to avoid the paypal police though...lol

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Never pay with Paypal gift...ever...unless its a person you know and can get to if you ever need to kick his ass to complete the sale. :)

Don't send heat, yet. Wait for refund to first. If it doesn't clear, neg.

If you are made "whole" then neutral saying bad communication is best you can do. I honestly would leave none you got your money back and "nothing" was exchanged. (This is as per heats rules.) I wouldn't leave bad feedback as he is right, things can happen in shipping.

I never planned on leaving negative heat as he has issued a refund but the lack of communication and the fact that he did not even ship the method that he stated in his sale thread is pretty irritating. That and the fact that I paid Wednesday, and he did not ship till Saturday (or so he claims) when he stated PRIOR to paying that it would be shipped the next day. I mean it was a fucking gift card..... There is no packaging involved.

So an update, he finally issued a direct refund after another PM to him. Still does not communicate worth a shit as I did not as so much as get a PM in return saying sorry, I fucked up here is your refund. Whatever, DNT list.

On a side note, the last transaction he had that Heatware was left for was a positive stating fast shipping and good communication. Turns out, the buyer lied as he did not retaliatory feedback and he just wrote that to ensure nothing bad was left on his account. Actually took the buyer 7 days to ship his item and his communication was poor on that transaction too. Id rather see no review be left then a bogus positive.

So an update, he finally issued a direct refund after another PM to him. Still does not communicate worth a shit as I did not as so much as get a PM in return saying sorry, I fucked up here is your refund. Whatever, DNT list.

On a side note, the last transaction he had that Heatware was left for was a positive stating fast shipping and good communication. Turns out, the buyer lied as he did not retaliatory feedback and he just wrote that to ensure nothing bad was left on his account. Actually took the buyer 7 days to ship his item and his communication was poor on that transaction too. Id rather see no review be left then a bogus positive.

The seller should have some repercussion, besides nothing. Wish we had an avoid list.

So I had a transaction last week. I purchased a gift card. Seller stated in his thread that he ships USPS Priority mail. Ok great. I made him an offer and he accepted but asked for me to pay with gift payment. Being that there are quit a few threads these days with problems of gifting payments and that I did not know him, I opted to pay an extra $1 to cover his fees.

So, I paid promptly on Wednesday 3-5-14. He msg'ed back and stated he would ship out Thursday. Did not hear back from him by Friday night so I asked him if he got it shipped and if so, whats the tracking number. No response all weekend so I send him another message on Monday asking if it shipped out and if so, whats the tracking. He messaged back Monday night stating that he forgot to ship it and got it out Saturday, but did not send tracking but stated it would be here Wednesday (3-12-14). Nothing in the mail so I send him another PM asking him for the tracking. He responds with some bullshit about how he sent it through the regular mail and it got returned to sender and its damaged and refunded my money. What the fuck?? First off, his FS thread stated priority shipping. Second, I dont even believe his bullshit story but regardless, he did refund me so I cant be mad.

Should I leave neutral heat for him? He had good feedback which is why I went through with the purchase but everything just seemed so shady about the whole deal. Asking for gift, slow responses through PM (even though he had logged in AFTER I sent some of the PM's), and late shipping (if it ever was shipped) along with using the wrong shipping method.

Maybe Im just frustrated as I have had more issues in the last year than in the last 15 years combined of buying/selling things online. Dont get me wrong, I have alot of great transactions but the number of bad ones just keeps going up. Needless to say, Im happy I paid that extra $1 for protection because who knows if I would have been refunded (was only a $30 transaction).

Oh and to boot, my refund is pending until 3-18-14 :mad: My fucking payment was instant but my refund isnt.......................

I really really hate it when people dont give the tracking... "O I LEFT IT AT ABC... or my dog/wife/child ate it" or other bullshit.... that shit is just plain laziness.

i agree...i also sell alot on ebay and the shipping info/tracking is instant...its a bunch of bs...you want to give sellers the benefit of the doubt....but look what happens....

If you ship USPS you only get tracking with Priority. I usually ship that via that method anyway, but if the buyer's already haggling me down, I'll save a few bucks and skip the tracking.

You get what you pay for really. These are some of things we have to learn to live with dealing in the used market.

If you ship USPS you only get tracking with Priority. I usually ship that via that method anyway, but if the buyer's already haggling me down, I'll save a few bucks and skip the tracking.

You get what you pay for really. These are some of things we have to learn to live with dealing in the used market.

Get what you pay for? Priority is almost just as cheap or cheaper than UPS/Fedex ground in alot of situations. If the buyer haggled you down and you state in your F/S thread that you ship a certain way, it does not matter unless that is negotiated.

Ill learn to live without poor sellers such as yourself advertising something, and giving something else. And keep on skipping the tracking. One day, you will have a buyer who decides to screw you over claiming they never received the item even though they did and PP will side with them due to lack of tracking.

When did I say I "advertise" anything regarding shipping?

And by "get what you pay for", I mean what I said above: this is used market. You gotta deal w some other person who's life is just as complicated as your own.

Life isnt complicated. When I sell something and receive money, I ship in a timely manner as I have received money for something and it no longer belongs to me. Its unfortunate that people dont always feel this way though. Regardless, shipping without tracking is fucking stupid this day in age and I would rather not deal with a seller who does not give tracking. I pay for something I want, not give someone a loan for 2 weeks only to be repaid without interest.

And I never accused you of advertising something wrong but if you offer priority and ship another way without notifying the buyer just to save a few dollars, not good. If you take an offer from a buyer and decide to be cheap and ship without tracking, not good either. Poor business on your part. But of course, you shouldnt be selling/buying here anyways unless you are trolling on a 2nd account :rolleyes:

And I never accused you of advertising something wrong but if you offer priority and ship another way without notifying the buyer just to save a few dollars, not good.

Not to be argumentative...

Ill learn to live without poor sellers such as yourself advertising something, and giving something else.

To each his own, though. I don't sell here, so you'll have no problems from me, doz :)

Edit: on-topic, I'd leave neutral heat for commo as mentioned by others.

Back