SCORCHING: LG 32" FreeSync Premium monitor for $299

Centauri

2[H]4U
This is the only time it has dropped below $499 on Amazon according to price trackers, and it's plummeted to $299.

2022 model.

LG 32GP750-B 32 Inch QHD (2560 x 1440) IPS Ultragear Gaming Monitor with 1ms (GtG) and 165Hz Refresh Rate, NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible with AMD FreeSync Premium, Tilt/Height/Pivot Adjustable - Black https://a.co/d/hTwPkOQ

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
...must..resist...

willpower faltering

angry looks coming my way

Different model. The OP is IPS with 1ms GTG and the Costco is VA with 5ms GTG.

In fairness I have the older version of the VA panel and it's been a solid monitor for me for the past few years.
Thanks for letting me know! Sorry about that!

No worries. LG makes it difficult to compare apples to apples. I wonder if they are vendor specific models to meet certain price points.
You better believe it is. LG has been doing that for decades now. It was a bit of a nightmare in the call center too when I worked there because several different model numbers sometimes mapped to the same product, and other times were actually different because they had a small added feature or one removed. Luckily, I was able to develop a system that helped agents pull up the proper documentation quickly, but who knows if that's even still around now nearly 20 years later...

The IPS version on Amazon lists the screen as glossy. Is the VA panel from Costco a glossy screen as well?

The IPS version on Amazon lists the screen as glossy. Is the VA panel from Costco a glossy screen as well?
Glossy? I should buy it just for that. I thought LCD manufacturers gave up on glossy monitors.

My God $229 at Costco 1ms response time. I love you OP, my wallet hates you OP. Not sure what to do...
Actually its a 5ms response time...

My God $229 at Costco 1ms response time. I love you OP, my wallet hates you OP. Not sure what to do...
Actually its a 5ms response time...
Remember there are 2 measurements one is GTG which I believe is the more accurate one and the other is what they advertise

Must resist.... I have the VA panel version similar to this. I do miss having an IPS panel monitor though.

Would buy but the recessed vesa mount kills it for me. I have an older version for my desktop and I would love to have this for the sim rig but it just won't work.

Ok, so legit question - how does this $200 HP 32" ips 1ms compare to the LG
They do seem comparable. It may have the same panel but I don't know for sure. Better stand and GSync+Freesync with the LG, no mention of GSync with the HP.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Down to $299 again..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220827-050114.png
    Screenshot_20220827-050114.png
    657.5 KB · Views: 1
Anyone have any experience between this one(32GP750-B) and the nano-IPS(32GP850-B) version? Worth the extra $100? I currently have two of the 32" VA panel 32GK850G-B and have been wanting to get back to an IPS screen.

I am considering flanking the IPS with the two VAs, but not sure if there's going to be a big difference in color, etc.

Anyone have any experience between this one(32GP750-B) and the nano-IPS(32GP850-B) version? Worth the extra $100? I currently have two of the 32" VA panel 32GK850G-B and have been wanting to get back to an IPS screen.

I am considering flanking the IPS with the two VAs, but not sure if there's going to be a big difference in color, etc.

Nano IPS is just a coating on the backlight that absorbs "orange" to make it more RGB. Its not really a deal breaker and is more of a marketing pitch.

I would not flank them, as the VA will have more contrast, even with calibration. So its never going to be a seamless transition, even if both sets of monitors are calibrated and look "great".

Nano IPS is just a coating on the backlight that absorbs "orange" to make it more RGB. Its not really a deal breaker and is more of a marketing pitch.
But, IPS is "better" overall than VA for most people, especially where gaming is concerned. VA tends to have better contrast and doesn't have IPS glow, but IPS typically has better response times, better viewing angles, and is less likely to ghost between frames.

But, IPS is "better" overall than VA for most people, especially where gaming is concerned. VA tends to have better contrast and doesn't have IPS glow, but IPS typically has better response times, better viewing angles, and is less likely to ghost between frames.
I believe nightanole was referring to my question about the difference between the two IPS versions. One being Nano-IPS and the other just IPS. But all those reasons you mention is why I miss my IPS panels and am considering going back to one.

I would not flank them, as the VA will have more contrast, even with calibration. So its never going to be a seamless transition, even if both sets of monitors are calibrated and look "great".
Definitely realize there is going to be a difference. Might have to try it out to see, but I don't necessarily want to buy 2 or even 3 IPS monitors, when I have two perfectly good working VAs.

I am definitely interested in this. But if I'm honest, I rarely game much anymore. Would this be overkill for everday office work? That's probably what I'd use it for the most, and then game when I can.

Yes my VA LG 32 "free sync version is glossy great monitor for the money. Runs G-sync flawlessly on my Zotac 3080. If you want the best here it is.
Eizo accept no substitutes at 20K a pop.
https://www.eizo.com/home/

https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...YughfT5AhV6lGoFHaqpCEcQ9aACKAB6BAgDEBA&adurl= https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...PDbhPT5AhXJlmoFHda4C_gQ9aACKAB6BAgDEHw&adurl=https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...PDbhPT5AhXJlmoFHda4C_gQ9aACKAB6BAgDEHw&adurl=

Last edited:
I have this one and have been trying for weeks now to get gsync to show up in nvidia control panel. I've tried everything.

What do you miss about the IPS? Viewing angle?
I actually went the opposite route and changed all my ips to VAs and couldn't be happier.
Smearing is not bothering me with the ones I got and the colors look great. The far superior contrast over the sad 1000:1 at best ratio of ips, much deeper blacks, and better black uniformity make for a much better experience in my book specially if you use them in a dark environment

I actually went the opposite route and changed all my ips to VAs and couldn't be happier.
Smearing is not bothering me with the ones I got and the colors look great. The far superior contrast over the sad 1000:1 at best ratio of ips, much deeper blacks, and better black uniformity make for a much better experience in my book specially if you use them in a dark environment
Do you by any chance play any of the turn ten games? can you load up a youtube of the turn ten opening and see if the black smearing bothers you then? i couldn't deal with it on a g5.

Back